|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers March 2, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PA-16-04/Ordinance 17-12 fka 16-39 - County Initiated Plan Amendment (Text) for Large Projects - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-16-04, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• In 2016, projects presumed to be a development of regional impact no longer have to go through the DRI process if consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
• Existing DRI’s continue to require county, regional and state review.
• Existing DRIs have been allowed to request a Certificate of Level of Service (CLOS) for Concurrency with a General Development Plan (GDP).
• Projects slightly less than a Development of Regional Impact are deemed a “large project” and have to meet all large project standards but are not eligible to request a Certificate of Level of Service with the associated General Development Plan.
• With no more DRI reviews for proposed development that are consistent with the Comprehensive Plan, staff is proposing a General Development Plan that meets “large project” standards be allowed to apply for a CLOS.
• Various department names have been corrected throughout the sections.
• On December 8, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended transmittal.
• On January 5, 2017, the Board of County Commissioners recommended transmittal.
• The Department of Economic Opportunity submitted their letter of “no comment” on February 8, 2017
• The following agencies responded with no comment: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services January 26, 2017; Fish and Wildlife Commission January 17, 2017; Florida Department of Environmental Protection February 3, 2017; Manatee County School District January 20, 2017; Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council February 23, 2017 and Southwest Florida Water Management District February 6, 2017.
• The Florida Department of Transportation on January 30, 2017 provided Technical Assistance Comments.
• Staff recommends adoption.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0785 on November 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed Ordinance to email@example.com for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-16-04 - Ord. 17-19 fka 16-39 Large Project Comp Plan Amendment.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2-AgencyComments.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 Ordinance 17-12 fka 16-39 DRaft.pdf