|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers March 2, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #10
PDR-16-15(Z)(G) - Tapestry Properties, LLC/McKechnie Realty, LLC - DTS20160404 - MEPS600 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission,, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-16-15(Z)(P); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.4, B.1, and C.1–C.-5; GRANT Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 706.7 – Wetland Buffers using Section 706.7.C.1 allowing for a variable wetland buffer width to accommodate a vehicular access point; and GRANT Special Approval for: 1) a project exceeding a gross density of 4.5 dwelling units per acre in the OL Future Land Use Category; 2) a project exceeding a net density of 6.0 dwelling units per acre in the OL Future Land Use Category; and 3) for a project exceeding a gross density of 6.0 dwelling units per acre in the RES-9 Future Land Use Category; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, agent for McKechnie Realty (owner), is requesting approval of a rezone from RDD-6 (Residential Duplex District, 6 dwelling units per acre) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) for a ±5.57 portion of a ±10.55 acre property located on the east side of 26th Street West, between Cortez Road and 53rd Avenue West.
• The request includes an associated General Development Plan for a 92 unit residential development.
• The requested PD-R zoning is consistent with the existing development pattern and zoning of nearby properties and is a logical extension of the residential development pattern.
• The project is within the OL (Low Intensity Office) and RES-9 (Residential, 9 dwelling units) Future Land Use Categories (FLUCs).
• The project is requesting 3 Special Approvals:
1. To allow a project with a gross density exceeding 4.5 dwelling units per acre in the OL FLUC.
• The project is requesting 1 Specific Approval:
1. From Section 706.7 Wetland Buffers / Section 706.7.C.1 Variable Width Buffers, to allow deviation from the required 30 foot wetland buffer to accommodate a proposed vehicular access along 26th Street West.
• Staff recommends Approval with Stipulations.
• On February 9, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower suggested before the Board of County Commissioners public hearing the applicant get with the neighbors regarding connectivity of 46th Avenue West. Mr. Rutledge also asked that they discuss with neighbors their back yards having water view lots.
• The applicant submitted two additional stipulations to address compatibility concerns:
o A.3 – For multi-family development, buildings within 150’ of the eastern property line shall be limited to two stories in height.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the February 9, 2017 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0013 on January 10, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Tapestry Properties - McKechnie Realty - PDR-16-15(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Tapestry Properties Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - McKechnie Reality Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - School Report and Email.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Specific and Special Approval Request.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - TIS Approval Letter and TIS.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Ordinance PDR-16-15(Z)(G).pdf