|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 10, 2016|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - Manasara Corp/Tennessee Street Property, LLC/The Oasis at University - DTS20150244 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
RECOMMENDED MOTION: (Revised in strikethrough / underline format)
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-13(Z)(P) subject to Ordinance No. 16-15 (fka 15-32) amending the Comprehensive Plan becoming effective; APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.4, B.1, C.1–C.-4 , D.1–D.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Stephen Novacki with Picerne Development Corporation of Florida, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone and Preliminary Site Plan for 324 multi-family units. The site is approximately 25.6 acres and is located on the north side of University Parkway between Florida Street on the east and the S.C.L. railroad on the west, and south of Broadway Avenue.
• The site is located in the RES-16 (Residential - 16 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC) (PA-15-02/ORD 15-32).
• The following Special Approvals are required:
• Gross residential density exceeding 9 du/ac (12.7 du/ac)
• Project located adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek)
• Project located within the Entranceway
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of Kentucky and Florida Streets. The project provides internal sidewalks adjacent to parking areas that connect the parking areas to the apartment structures. A network of internal sidewalks are provided throughout the development tying the residential units to the amenity areas and service areas such as the mail kiosk.
• Recreational amenities will be provided on 1.26-acres of property and will include a clubhouse with a resort-style entry pool.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• The project will have primary access to University Parkway via Kentucky Street with secondary access to University Parkway via Florida Street.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on November 24, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Zonning, FLU, and Aerials - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - 3-10-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Oasis Zoning Disclosure - Manasara.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Oasis Zoning Disclosure - Tennessee.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Traffic Impact Analysis and Approval letter with out Appendicies.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - Bradenton Herald - 3-10-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - The Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 3-10-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Oasis School Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Height Analysis and Renderings.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Public Comment - Oasis at University - PDR-15-13(Z)(P) .pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan - Oasis at University -PDR-15-13(Z)(P) 12-01-2015.pdf
Attachment: Applicants request for additional time for Planning Commission on update.pdf
Attachment: Update for PC.pdf