|REVISED March 1, 2018 - Work Session|
Agenda Item #3
Process Improvements to the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
No action required; this is work session.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
- The purpose of this work session is to discuss the next round of proposed amendments to the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code.
- The proposed amendments are recommended to improve the overall land development review processes.
- In December of 2016 a “Kick-Off” work session was held to present an overview of the subject matter to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
- On August 15, 2017, a joint work session with the Planning Commission and BOCC was held.
- Since that time, the applicant’s consultant reviewed both the Plan and Code, and provided staff with memos of their research, conclusions, and recommendations.
- In November of 2017 the draft amendments were provided to the public for review and comment.
- On January 17, 2018, a public workshop was held at the Central Library to discuss the proposed amendments.
- The main subject areas for amendment, include:
- Special Approval
- Planned Development
- Future Land Use/Zoning
- Mixed Use
- Sewer Connections
- Staff would like an opportunity to further discuss the amendments with the BOCC and explain the recommendations to revise the Plan and Code to have less reliance on planned development, which can be subjective, and provide specific standards within the Land Development Code for staff, developers, and the public to rely upon.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk is reviewing amendments to the Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Activity Nodes.pdf
Attachment: FLUE and Zoning_v5.pdf
Attachment: SA Table.pdf