|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1st Floor - Chambers June 8, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #2
PA-16-10/Ordinance 17-04 - Port Manatee Master Plan - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend Transmittal of Plan Amendment PA-16-10, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163, Part II
• The existing Port Master Plan from 2010 is being replaced in its entirety with the
• A text amendment to the Port Sub-Element is required to change the plan year,
• The Master Plan includes an Executive Summary and seven chapters titled:
• Parts of the Master Plan are informational and are not required for integration into the Coastal Element of the Comprehensive Plan.
• The following chapters/sections are proposed for inclusion into the Coastal Element as the Port Master Plan:
o Chapter 1- Introduction is informational, however, it identifies the Port Manatee study area, port history and describes the Port’s development and planning history.
Scenario 1 – Containers, Perishable and Liquid Bulk (citrus juice)
o Chapter 6 identifies the goals, objectives, and policies of the Master Plan. The Port has identified six goals for guiding future development, including economic development, transportation efficiencies, environmental stewardship and sustainability, safety and security, intergovernmental coordination, and financial stability.
• The entire Port Master Plan (379 pages) will be included in the Technical Support Document (TSD) of the Comprehensive Plan.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0185 on May 16, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Port Manatee Plan Amendment PA-16-10.pdf
Attachment: 1 - Port Master Plan.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf