|REVISED June 20, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #32
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase from Alan Ward Reasoner for property located at 2401 Twin Rivers Trail, Parrish, Florida 34219
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sia Mollanazar, P.E., Deputy Director, Engineering Services, Public Works, Extension 7487
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6284
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase with Alan Ward Reasoner for the purpose of the Mulholland Waterline Connection Project in the amount of $96,500.00.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125. Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 9.5 addresses the potable water system.
- The Mulholland Waterline Connection was approved in the FY 2017-2021 CIP 404-6046270.
- Currently the water main along the north side of Mulholland Road at 22nd Court East intersection is a dead connection and has been linked to deteriorated water quality requiring the need to flush large amounts of stale water. The intersection of Twin Rivers Trail and Mulholland Road would be the most beneficial tie-in point to create a looped system.
- The parcel that is needed is improved with a single-family residence located at 2401 Twin Rivers Trail. The project requires a partial take of 32,307 square feet along the northern property line to construct the water main connection.
- Property Acquisition performed an in-house value analysis on January 10, 2017, for the parcel. The land and improvements is valued at $64,680.00 for the acquisition area. Property Acquisition and Public Works had several negotiation meetings with the owner and have reached an agreement to acquire the parcel.
- A settlement was reached at $96,500.00 for a partial property fee take to include the compensation for improvements, trees, and landscape along the northern property line and eliminates additional costs for litigation fees or expert fees associated with this agreement.
- The waterline connection will complete a looped system with approximately 3,800 feet of 10" water main connecting the existing utilities from River Plantation Phase II to Twin River Phase III.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Tim Cristello, Property Acquisition Division, at Tim.Cristello@mymanatee.org.
Please email a copy of the executed contract to Michael Sturm at Michael.Sturm@mymanatee.org and Johnnie Yetter at Johnnie.Yetter@mymanatee.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $96,500.00 to 404-6046270, Mulholland Waterline Connection Project
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase Alan Ward Reasoner.pdf
Attachment: Cost Avoidance Analysis for Mulholland Waterline Connection.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf