|REVISED June 20, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #26
Agreement for the Home Care for the Elderly (HCE) Grant Funds 17/18
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / ext. 3646
- Adoption of Resolution R-17-072 authorizing the acceptance of agreement HCE-17/18-MAN from the Senior Connection Center, Inc., for the Home Care for the Elderly grant program in the amount of $46,044 in State Funds for the time period July 1, 2017, to September 30, 2018.
- Adoption of the Budget Resolution B-17-057 amending the annual budget for Manatee County Florida for the fiscal year 2016/2017.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- Agreement HCE-17/18-MAN will allow for the continuation of caregiver reimbursement services to clients under this program in Manatee County.
- Approximately 35 clients will be assisted under this program annually.
- There is no match required for this grant program.
- Manatee County was designated by the Department of Elder Affairs through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., as the Lead Agency for the HCE grant program on January 1, 1996.
- HCE grant funds are provided by the state through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., to provide Case Management, Basic, and Special Subsidy services to persons sixty years of age or older to prevent or delay premature institutional placement.
- The HCE program, through a financial stipend, encourages the provision of care for the elderly in family type living arrangements in private homes as an alternative to nursing home or other institutional care settings.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two originals of agreement, signed copy of the resolution R-17-072, and signed copy of Resolution B-17-057 to Tracie Adams. One original agreement will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding source.
Email the signed Resolution B-17-057 to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$46,044 State Funds HCE FY 17/18 1739000922
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: HCE Agreement 1718.pdf
Attachment: B-17-057 FY17-18 HCE Grant Funding.pdf