|REVISED June 16, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #16
Reduction of Code Enforcement Fines for Arlene L. Cole, Code Enforcement Case Number CE2011040572
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jeff Bowman, Division Chief, Ext. 6854
Motion to reduce the fines for this case to $1,000.00 (as previously recommended by the Special Magistrate on May 27, 2015), subject to the following conditions:
- The reduced fines shall be paid within 90 days or will revert back to the original fine amount of $224,840.00 for CE2011040572.
- Recording fees need to be collected, which total $40.00.
- Building and Development Services Department Director is authorized to sign satisfactions of liens if the reduced fines are paid.
Section 162.09, Florida Statutes (2014)
Code Enforcement Case CE2011040572. Below is a brief synopsis regarding this case:
- Violation: An existing screen room was enclosed without the required building permit and Certificate of Occupancy/Completion.
- Notice of Violation issued 6/8/2011.
- Special Magistrate Hearing 8/24/2011. Ordered to comply by 9/23/2011 for Section 512.1 or a $200.00 minimum fine and $100.00 per day fine would be imposed; and ordered to comply by 1/29/2012 for Section 513.1 or a $200.00 minimum fine and $100.00 per day fine would be imposed.
- Complied 12/23/2014.
- Total fines: $224,840.00 plus $40.00 recording fee. Though the submitted application for relief did have the correct amount owed, the Special Magistrate agenda indicated $118,000.00, and the actual total is $224,840.00. Property owner offered $1,000.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
- Special Magistrate Mitigation Hearing 5/27/2015. The Magistrate determined that justification exists to reduce the total fine amount and to forward the request to the Board of County Commission with a recommendation to reduce the fine amount to $1,000.00 plus $40.00 recording fee.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a stamped copy of the agenda to Administrative Specialist Laurie Menard (email@example.com) in the Code Enforcement Division following disposition.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 6-16-2015 Cole.pdf