|REVISED June 1, 2017 - Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #9
PDMU-98-08(G)(R8) - Heritage Harbor Parcel 35 - 20170074 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code as conditioned herein, I move to
recommend ADOPT ION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-98-08(G)(R8) with Stipulations, amendi ng and restat ing e Ordinance No. PDMU-98-08(G)(R7), RESTAT ING E Special Approval previously granted for a project: 1) partially in an Entranceway; Restating the Adopted Findings for Specific Approval previously granted for alternatives to LDC Sections 900.6.C (formerly LDC Section 737.5.3 - Entranceway sign), 603.3.A (formerly LDC Section 724.6.4 – Sign plan), 701.3.A (formerly LDC Section 715.3.1 – Landscaping), 1005.4 (formerly LDC Section 710.1.4 - Reduction in Number of Size of Required Off-street Parking spaces), 1005.3.A, Table 10-2 (formerly LDC Section 710.1.6, Table B - Parking Ratios), ADOPT ION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT ING Specific Approval for an alternative to LDC Section 402.7.D.5 (Greenbelts), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Scott Rudacille, Agent for Manatee Land Investors, LLC, Upper Manatee 288, LLC/Heritage Harbour, Parcel 35, requests a modification to reduce the previously approved side-yard setbacks from 7.5 feet to 5 feet for semi-detached and duplex dwelling units in Heritage Harbour, Parcel 35 only.
• On March 21st, 2000, the Board of County Commissioners (B.O.C.C.) approved the Heritage Harbour (f.k.a Heritage Sound) DRI (Ordinance 00-19) and General Development Plan (GDP) [PDMU-98-08(Z)(G)]. Since that time, the GDP was revised seven times. Uses currently approved for Parcel 35 include single-family attached, single-family detached, single-family semi-detached dwelling units, multi-family dwelling units and Assisted Living Facility.
• The applicant previously proposed a separate Dimensional Standards Table (shown below) for Parcel 35 [PDMU-98-08(G)(R7) which was added to Section O.2 (Residential) stipulation O.2.(b) of the Zoning Ordinance.
• Staff has no objections to the proposal to reduce the minimum side yard setback from 7.5 feet to 5 feet. The 2.5-foot reduction should not affect or be a detriment to the health, safety, and welfare of the general public. The proposed 5-foot side yard setback is consistent with side yard setbacks for single-family detached residences elsewhere within Parcel 35.
• To accommodate placement of air-conditioning units, Staff recommends addition of Stipulation O(2).b.1 for lots in Parcel 35 only (see stipulation section of staff report). The stipulation requires a minimum ten (10) foot separation between accessory equipment and structures where the side yard setback is less than 7.5 feet in width.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2017-0199 by email on April 18, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff report for Heritage Harbor Parcel 35 revised stip O2.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Maps Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Ordinance in strikethrough underline format.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Heritage Harbour - PDMU-98-08.pdf
Attachment: Revision to Dimensional Table in Staff Report - Heritage Harbour Parcel 35 - PDMU-98-08(G)(R8).pdf
Attachment: Revised Motion strikethrough underline format Heritage Harbour PDMU-98-08(G)(R8).pdf