|REVISED July 28, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #13
Reduction of Code Enforcement Fines for Pedro Cabrera and Mabel O'Quendo, Code Enforcement Case Number CE2011060650
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jeff Bowman, Division Chief, Ext. 6854
Motion to reduce the fines for this case to $3,000.00 (as previously recommended by the Special Magistrate on June 24, 2015), subject to the following conditions:
- The reduced fines shall be paid within 90 days or will revert back to the original fine amount of $103,450.00 for CE2011060650.
- Recording fees need to be collected, which total $20.00.
- Building and Development Services Department Director is authorized to sign satisfactions of liens if the reduced fines are paid.
Section 162.09, Florida Statutes (2014)
Code Enforcement Case CE2011060650. Below is a brief synopsis regarding this case:
- Violation: Garage and renovations that were constructed under Building Permit #06060397 were not completed and/or passed the required inspection and the building permit was voided.
- Notice of Violation issued 8/4/2011.
- Special Magistrate Hearing 11/23/2011. Ordered to comply by 1/20/2012 for Section 512.1 or a $150.00 minimum fine and $100.00 per day fine would be imposed; and ordered to comply by 7/20/2012 for Section 513.1 or a $150.00 minimum fine and $100.00 per day fine would be imposed.
- Property owner on 1/10/2012 requested an extension on the compliance date on Section 512.1 and this was scheduled for Special Magistrate Old Business 1/25/2012.
- Special Magistrate Hearing 1/25/2012. Extended the compliance date to 3/23/2012 for Section 512.1 only.
- Section 512.1 was complied 3/21/2012.
- Section 513.1 was complied 5/20/2015.
- Total fines: $103,470.00 plus $20.00 recording fee.
- Property owner offered $3,000.00 plus $20.00 recording fee.
- Special Magistrate Mitigation Hearing 6/24/2015. The Magistrate determined that justification exists to reduce the total fine amount and to forward the request to the Board of County Commissioners with a recommendation to reduce the fine amount to $3,000.00 plus $20.00 recording fee.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a stamped copy of the agenda to Administrative Specialist Laurie Menard (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Code Enforcement Division following disposition.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 7-28-2015 Cabrera.pdf