|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Commission Chambers July 14, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-15-29(Z)(P) - J&L Land Co/Country Walk Estates (fka: J&L Land Co/Ellenton Estates) - DTS20150430 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-29(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.5, B.1-B.2, C.1-C.6, and D.1- D.7; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) partially within a designated Entranceway, 2) adjacent to perennial stream, and 3) with habitable structures located within the 25-year floodplain; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 402.7.D.5, and 701.3.B.3.c (Eliminate a portion of required 15-foot greenbelt buffer), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Donald A. Neu, AICP, NEUMORRIS Consulting, LLL, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) and a Preliminary Site Plan for 187 lots for single-family detached residences.
• The 60.1± acre vacant site is located on the east side of 36th Avenue East (Ellenton-Gillette Road), and south of 89th Street East (Amlong Road), Palmetto. The site is within the RES-6 (Residential – six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC), and partially in a designated Entranceway of the County (I-275 Corridor – approximately 8 acres).
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
• Special Approval is required for adjacent to a perennial stream (Cabbage Slough), partially located within a designated Entranceway of the County (I-275 Corridor), and with habitable structures located within the 25-year floodplain.
• Specific Approval is requested to LDC Section 402.7.D.5 and 701.3.B.3.c, to eliminate a portion (160 feet in length) of the required 15-foot wide greenbelt buffer adjacent to a 20-foot drainage easement.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter #2016-0546 by email on June 20, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Country Walk Estates - PDR-15-29(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Maps - FLU, Zoning and Aerial s.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Specific Approval Request.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Traffic Impact Analysis without appendices.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - School Board Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Copy of Newspaper Advertising.pdf