|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1st Floor Chambers January 8, 2015 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #7
PDR-14-21(G) - Peace Presbyterian Church of Lakewood Ranch, Inc. - DTS20140297 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE General Development Plan PDR-14-21(G) with Stipulations A.1–A.2 and B.1-B.4; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for an alternative to LDC Section 714.8.7, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicant, Peace Presbyterian Church requests approval of a new General Development Plan to utilize the 15,054 square foot existing building as a Place of Worship/Church (temporary), church offices and other church related purposes; construct a 18,800 square foot building for a new, permanent 400-seat sanctuary and a recreational center as a future phase of development.
• The site is on the north side of S.R. 64 East, approximately 950 feet west of Greyhawk Boulevard, at 12705 S.R. 64 East, Bradenton.
• On January 25, 1996, the Board of County Commissioners approved a rezone of ±18.083 acres from A (General Agriculture, one dwelling unit per five acres) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) and a Preliminary Site Plan for a 15,054 square foot office building on 22.11± acres. The building was constructed and the Preliminary and Final Site Plans have expired.
• On 11/07/13, the Board of County Commissioners approved a General Development Plan to utilize the existing 15,054 square foot office building as a Place of Worship/Church (temporary), church offices, and other church related purposes; and to construct a 6,000 square foot building for a new, permanent 210-seat sanctuary as a second phase.
• The site is in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe – three dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). A Church or Other Place of Worship is considered a Residential Support Use and is listed in the range of potential uses for consideration in the UF-3 FLUC. The Floor Area Ratio of 0.03 is below the special approval threshold (0.23) for the UF-3 FLUC.
• According to LDC Figure 6-1, the proposed use is permitted in the existing PDR zoning district, subject to approval by the Board of County Commissioners. Additionally, the Church or Other Place of Worship is subject to the conditional use criteria listed in LDC Section 704.13. The proposed use will be accessed by an existing driveway connecting SR 64 East. 133 parking spaces are required. The site plan shows 169 parking spaces will be provided. There is an existing sidewalk along the north side of SR 64 East.
• There will be perimeter and interior landscaping around vehicle use areas, as well as landscaping in perimeter and roadway buffers. There are no known historic or archaeological resources on the site. The project is in the X Flood Zone Category. There are 4.15± acres of wetlands on-site and .80± acres off-site. No impacts to the wetlands are proposed.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On December 11, 2014, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on October 29, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - one zoomed out - Peace Presbyterian Church -.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Peace Presbyterian Church - PDR-14-21(G) - 1-8-2015 BC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Specific Approval Letter-Peace Presbyterian Church.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Peace Presbyterian Church - PDR-14-21(G) - Bradenton Herald - 12-8-2015 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Peace Presbyterian Church - PDR-14-21(G) - Sarasota Herald Tribune -1-8-2015 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Peace Presbyterian Church - PDR-14-21(G) - 1-8-2015BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Peace Presbyterian Church - PDR-14-21(G) - 1-8-2015 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Peace Presbyterian Church of Lakewood Ranch - PDR-14-21(G) - 1-8-2015BC.pdf