|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 5, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #11
PDI-16-07(Z)(P) - MSB Services Lena Road - DTS20160184 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-747-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDI-16-07(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1, C.1-C.6, D.1; and GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) within the geographic area known as the entranceway, and 2) within the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• J. Richard Claybrooke; Claybrooke Engineering Associates, Inc., agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a rezone from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to PDI (Planned Development Industrial) for a ±3.7 acre property located generally on the west side of Lena Road, in Bradenton (Manatee County).
• Included in the request is a Preliminary Site Plan for a construction service establishment consisting of outdoor storage, and 8,382 square feet of non-residential buildings.
• The project is located in a geographic area known as an Entranceway, and has an existing Future Land Use Category (FLUC) of MU (Mixed Use).
• The requested PDI zoning is consistent with existing development in the immediate area and is a logical expansion of existing PDI zoning on adjacent and surrounding properties.
• The MU Future Land Use Category allows a maximum non-residential intensity of a 1.0 Floor Area Ratio (FAR), the project is proposing an FAR of 0.05, with a maximum building height of 35 feet.
• The project is required to provide a minimum of 30% open space, which is approximately 1.11 acres, the site plan depicts a total of 2.07 acres (55.85%) of open space being provided.
• There are Specific Approvals requested; however, the application includes 2 Special Approvals: (1) to allow for a project within the geographic area known as an entranceway, and (2) to allow for a project within the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category.
• Staff is recommending APPROVAL, with Staff Stipulations.
• On December 8, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0812 on November 9, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and Letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - MSB Services Lena Road - PDI16-07(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - PSP.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Approved TIS.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Ordinance PDC-16-07(Z)(P) - MSB Services Lena Road.pdf