|REVISED January 23, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #47
Manatee Technical College Destination Guide Signs on I-75
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Vishal S. Kakkad, P.E., PTOE, Traffic Design Division Manager, Ext. 7812
Recommend the Board's desired supplemental destination to be used on the Interstate 75 (I-75) guide sign approaching to the State Road (SR) 70 interchange.
- Currently, there are four supplemental destinations on the signs on I-75 approaching the SR 70 interchange. These supplemental destinations are split on two separate signs for each direction.
- One sign has Oneco, State College of Florida, and IMG Academy as supplemental destinations and the second sign has Lakewood Ranch as a supplemental destination.
- Ms. Maura C. Howl (Communications and Grants Management Supervisor) with the Manatee Technical College (MTC) on State Road 70 requested the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to add Manatee Technical College as an additional supplemental destination on I-75 (both the northbound and southbound directions) approaching the SR 70 interchange (Exit 217).
- FDOT staff informed Ms. Howl that pursuant to the Florida Administrative Code (FAC) 14-51, there can only be a maximum of four supplemental destinations at any exit.
- Ms. Howl, therefore, requested the FDOT to replace Oneco with Manatee Technical College as one of the supplemental destinations thereby complying with the FAC 14-51 requirement for the maximum number of supplemental destinations at any exit along the interstate system.
- Public Works Department's staff has been in coordination with FDOT staff and has been informed by the FDOT staff that FDOT does not object to this request.
- However, FDOT is requesting local government's input for the inclusion of the preferred supplemental destination.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please send a stamped copy of the agenda memorandum to Jeff Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org), Public Works Department, Traffic Design Division, Ext. 7815.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs