|REVISED January 23, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #20
Children's Services Annual Plan and Announcement of Funding Availability
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri Coryea, Deputy County Administrator, ext. 3468
Ava Ehde, Neighborhood Services Department, Interim Director, ext. 6301
Susan Ford, Lead Human Services Analyst, ext. 3486
Approval of the Children's Services Annual Plan and Report FY18/19.
Authorization to announce funding availability of approximately $11,314,875 in County Children's Services Dedicated Millage for programs and services for children and their families in the community.
Manatee County Code 2-2-251 through 2-2-259
Ordinances: 91-42, 94-28, 97-30, and 99-30
The Children's Services Advisory Board (CSAB) reviews and evaluates children and family indicator data on an ongoing basis in their determination of the types of programs that should be recommended to meet the needs in our community.
Ordinance 91-42 requires the CSAB to submit to the Board of County Commissioners, by January 30 of each year, an annual report which shall be made available to the public and include a plan for children's services. At the annual retreat, the CSAB members considered data and facts brought forth from their individual areas of expertise to determine results-focused investment goals and priorities provided in this plan. The attached Annual Plan and Report for FY2018/19 contains the following:
Fiscal Year 2018/2019 - Investment Goals and Priorities Plan
- Desired Results for Manatee County Children - The overall desired results for children in Manatee County are not achievable with an unfocused approach to investment, nor are they attainable with the amount of funds available. To make a difference with the available funds, the Advisory Board set the priorities outlined in this plan for FY18/19. These results-focused investments can be tracked and measured in terms of moving the needle toward a set target of improvement for specific indicators of child well-being.
- Priority/Result Data - This section contains data on the desired results for the well-being of children. Each desired result has one or more risk indicators and a corresponding target. Some targets are very specific because data is reliable and regularly available at the local level, while others are broad and less specific when the data is either not available on the local level or not attuned to the population with the need.
- Children's Services Special Initiatives - This section contains an update on the following:
- Results First Initiative - Progress of the effort that began in June 2016 includes an expansion to cohorts with like programs and the development of a new results-based funding application, which will be used when the process opens for FY18/19. A corresponding scoring matrix has also been developed for the Advisory Board.
- Adoption Preservation and Support RFP - Excellent first 2 years of results for this 4-year special initiative to preserve families formed by adoption.
Fiscal Year 2017/2018 - Investment Report
- Fiscal Year Data Table - This table contains data regarding the current fiscal year investments for contracted children's programs and services. The data is categorized by desired results for the general well-being of children and families used throughout this report for ease in year-to-year comparison. The program areas are general and represent the variety of services provided with the investment.
- FY17/18 Allocations - This graph represents the distribution of the investment by category.
Fiscal Year 2016/2017 Investment Report
- Fiscal Year Data Table - This table contains data regarding the prior fiscal year investment expenditures for contracted children's programs and services provided in FY16/17. The data is categorized by desired results for the general well-being of children and families used throughout this report for ease in year-to-year comparison. The program areas are general and represent the variety of services provided with the investment.
- FY16/17 Program Expenditures - This graph represents the expenditures by category.
- FY16/17 Clients Served - This graph represents the clients served by category.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$11,314,875 - 104.0015002
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FY2019 Annual Plan 01022018.pdf