|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 12, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #3
PDC-16-04(Z)(P) - Imperial Lakes Golf Club Homesites, Inc./GCI Parcel B, LLC/Imperial Renaissance, LLC (Property Owner)/Primerica Group (Contract Purchaser)/Imperial Lakes Commercial - 20160136 - M541 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-16-04(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations 1 - 14; GRANTING Special Approval for a project located adjacent to an interstate connector (Moccasin Wallow Road) designated as Entranceway; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Mr. Caleb Grimes, Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for an approximately 201,000 square foot commercial / retail shopping center and 118-room hotel (138,651 square feet of commercial/retail and 61,380 square feet hotel) on approximately 33.12 acres.
• The Imperial Lakes Commercial project is located south of Buffalo Road and east of I-75 and is commonly known as 9680 Buffalo Road, Palmetto.
• The parcel is located in the ROR (Retail/Office/Residential) future land use category which allows a floor area ratio (FAR) of 0.35; the project proposes a FAR of 0.14.
• Special Approval is required because the project is located adjacent to an interstate connector (Moccasin Wallow Road) designated as Entranceway.
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• Surrounding uses include single family residential common area (Regency Oaks Subdivision) and Imperial Lakes Golf Course.
• The Applicant has voluntarily proffered a Schedule of Uses (attached as Exhibit “B” to the zoning ordinance) specifying and limiting the uses within this development.
• Water, Sewer and Reclaimed water are available to serve the project. The utilities are located in Buffalo Road and/or Moccasin Wallow Road.
• 25% open space is required (the project is within the Entranceway) and approximately 40% is provided.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0848 on December 7, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Imperial Lakes Commercial - PDC-16-04(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2 - MAPS.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - ZONING DISCLOSURE AFFIDAVIT.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - PSP (12-01-16).pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - SCHEDULE OF USES.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 6 - TIA.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Additional Public Comments - Imperial Lakes Commercial - PDC-16-04(Z)(P).pdf