|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor Chambers January 11, 2018 - 9:30 am|
Agenda Item #7
PDO-17-09(G) [Related to PDO-04-40(P)(R)] Harris Professional Center f.k.a. Ellenton Venture, LLC General Development Plan, 20170363, Quasi-Judicial, Tia Boyd, Planner I
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tia Boyd, Planner I, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Senior Zoning & Planning Tech/Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Ordinance No. PDO-17-09(G) and APPROVE a General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.5; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Applicant, Robert Greene, requests is for approval of additional uses and extended hours of operation for a 4.04±acre site generally located at the southwest corner of US 301 North and Wellon Ranch Road (Ellenton).
• In February of 2005, the Board of County Commissioners approved PDO-04-40(Z)(P) for a rezone from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture – 1 dwelling unit per acre) to PDO (Planned Development Office) and a Preliminary Site Plan to allow a 30,000 square foot building for a range of office uses.
• In November of 2005, the Board of County Commissioners approved PDO-04-40(P)(R) Ellenton Venture, LLC to revise PDO-04-40(Z)(P) allowing for the construction of a 2-story building in place of a 1-story building.
• The building has since been constructed and the plan expired.
• The site is in the RES-9 (Residential – 9) Future Land Use Category and the intent is to identify, textually in the Comprehensive Plan's goals, objectives, and policies, or graphically on the Future Land Use Map, areas which are established for a low-moderate urban, or clustered moderate density urban residential environment. Also to provide for a complement of residential support uses normally utilized during the daily activities of residents of these urban areas.
• The intended use of the PDO (Planned Development Office) zoning district is to provide for development of offices at appropriate locations, in conformance with the goals, objectives, and policies of the Comprehensive Plan and in compliance with standards set forth in the Land Development Code.
• The uses proposed by the applicant include adult day care center, business services including printing (small), child care center (medium, large, and accessory), churches and places of worship, clinics, medical and dental laboratories, medical or professional office including banks, commercial parking, personal service establishments including dry cleaners, rehabilitation center, restaurant, retail sales, public community uses, public use facilities including post offices and schools of special education. The Applicant also proposes a 9:00pm closing time.
• Staff recommends Approval.
• On December 14, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0565 on November 14, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Harris Professional Center - PDO-17-09G 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps - Harris Professional Center - PDO-17-09G 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - GDP - Harris Professional Center PDO-17-09G 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Schedule of Uses Ex B to Ord. Harris Professional Center PDO-17-09G 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Letter of Intent from Applicant - Harris Professional Center - PDO-17-09G 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Newspaper Advertising - Harris Professional Center PDO-17-09G 1-11-18BCC.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Ordinance PDO-17-09(G) Harris Professional Center 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Public Comment - Harris Professional Center - PDO-17-09(G) 1-11-18 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letter .pdf
Attachment: Revised Ordinance in strikethrough underline format. .pdf