www.mymanatee.org
Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:15 a.m. - January 10, 2017
REVISED January 10, 2017 - Regular Meeting
Agenda Item #31


Subject
FEMA Funding Agreement - Hurricane Hermine - DR4280

Briefings
None

Contact and/or Presenter Information

Jan Brewer, Director, Financial Management Department, Ext. 3726

Candice Cruz, Sr. Budget Analyst, Financial Management Department, Ext. 3733



Action Requested
Adoption of Resolution R-17-011 authorizing the Chairman to sign FEMA-State Agreement No. PA-00-08-51-02-043 to receive Disaster Relief Funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management.

Enabling/Regulating Authority

Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, PL 93-288, as amended.

Manatee County Code of Laws



Background Discussion

The purpose of this Agreement is to provide a basis for financial reimbursement to Manatee County for damages incurred as a result of Hurricane Hermine.

Federal reimbursement from FEMA is seventy-five percent (75%) and the State and County share is the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of eligible costs. Chapter 97-152, Laws of Florida, in specific appropriation 1114A, provides that Federal disaster assistance matching requirements shall be equally shared between the State and its subgrantees. The FEMA-State Agreement executed October 6, 2016, between the State of Florida and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) governing the use of such funds requires the State to share the costs eligible for federal financial assistance, and the State has undertaken to share the costs, as appropriated, with its Subgrantees/Subrecipients.

At the current time, estimated costs have been submitted to FEMA, which are as follows:

  • Category A (Debris Clearance) -                 29,875
  • Category B (Protective Measures) -            27,154
  • Category C (Road System) -                    850,720
  • Category D (Water Control Facility) -        882,870
  • Category G (Other, ie: Beach Erosion) - 6,912,267
  • Total -                                               $9,302,886

With the approval of this agreement, the grant from FEMA will be established. In the FEMA recovery process, the next step is the establishment of exact reimbursement calculations which are currently underway with FEMA. An update of established reimbursement amounts will be updated to the Board once completed.



County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)

Explanation of Other


Reviewing Attorney
N/A

Instructions to Board Records

Please return two originals to Candice Cruz, Financial Management Department, for mailing to State of Florida for signatures. One original with signatures will be sent to Board Records upon return receipt from the State of Florida.

Original resolution R-17-011 to Board Records with copy to Candice Cruz.



Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Various funds in section 0008128

Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
N/A


Attachment:  R-17-011 BCC Resolution for Hurricane Hermine.pdf
Attachment:  R-17-011 Funding Agreement.pdf