|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers February 9, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #8
PDMU-16-17(P) - Colonial Realty Limited Partnership/Hidden Creek of Lakewood Ranch (FKA Cascades at Lakewood Ranch fka Colonial at Manatee) - DTS20160423 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-16-17(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.3, B.1, C.1–C.-4, D.1-D.6, and E.1; GRANTING Special Approval for 1) a project in the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category; 2) a project adjacent to a perennial lake or stream; and 3) for a project in the entranceway; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Shawn Leins, PE, with AM Engineering, Inc., for Colonial Realty Limited Partnership (owner), is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for a residential project consisting of 46 single family attached dwelling units in the form of townhomes.
• The project was formerly known as ‘Cascades at Lakewood Ranch’ but was renamed to “Hidden Creek of Lakewood Ranch’ to avoid conflicts with an existing subdivision with the name Cascades.
• The property was rezoned to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) in 1998 by Zoning Ordinance PDMU-98-02(Z)(P) which was commonly known as Colonial at Manatee.
• The project is within the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category, which allows a maximum gross density of 9 dwelling units per acre.
• The project is requesting 3 Special Approvals:
1. To allow a project within the Mixed Use Future Land Use Category.
• The project is requesting no Specific Approvals.
• Staff recommends Approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0016 on January 13, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Hidden Creek of Lakewood Ranch - PDMU-16-17(P) .pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - School Report and Email.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf