|REVISED February 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #35
Shared Facilities Agreement between Manatee County and the East Manatee Fire Rescue District
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Robert Smith, Public Safety Director - extension 3511
Paul DiCicco, EMS Chief - extension 1645
Motion to adopt the Shared Facilities Agreement between Manatee County and the East Manatee Fire Rescue District.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125.
- Manatee County EMS and the East Manatee Fire Rescue District determined that it is in the best interest of the citizens to provide for the combined sheltering and housing of County Emergency Medical Services and the East Manatee Fire personnel.
- It has been determined that a permanent EMS station at the East Manatee Fire Rescue District Station #2 (EMS Station #12), located at 803 60th St. Ct. E., Bradenton, FL 34208, is needed to provide for growth of the population residing and working in these immediate areas.
- Since July 1992 EMS has paid approximately $500 per month for one-half of the electric, water, and sewer costs at East Manatee Fire Rescue District Station #2.
- Manatee County EMS previously shared space with East Manatee Fire Rescue at the same location (803 60th St. Ct. E., Bradenton, FL 34208) until the station underwent demolition and a new station was constructed.
- While the new Fire Station was being constructed, both EMS and East Manatee Fire Rescue were temporarily relocated to a trailer at Bennett Park.
- Adopting this agreement will allow East Manatee Fire Rescue and Manatee County EMS to share space within the newly constructed station.
- Manatee County EMS will remit payment to East Manatee Fire Rescue in the amount of $1,500 monthly (includes all utilities).
- There are two other similar EMS shared space agreements currently in place with East Manatee Fire Rescue.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Reviewed and revised by Attorney Eschenfelder, pursuant to County Attorney Office Matter 2016-662.
Instructions to Board Records
Executed copies to: Paul DiCicco, EMS Chief, Ext. 1645
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$18,000 annually 001-0007101
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Shared Space Agreement.pdf
Attachment: CAO Response.pdf