|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 10:00 a.m. - February 6, 2014|
Agenda Item #4
PA-13-10 - Ordinance 14-11 fka 13-45 - Southwest Florida Water Management District Frog Creek - DTS20130423 - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Plan Amendment PA-13-10, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Southwest Florida Water Management District is requesting a Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map amendment from the existing future land use category of CON (Conservation) to MU (Mixed Use) for approximately 7 acres of a larger parcel owned by SWFWMD.
• In 2009, SWFWMD properties were included in a county wide effort to change publicly owned lands to the appropriate future land use designation. This 6.9± acre amendment area is part of 126+/- acres the county amended from MU (mixed use) to CON (conservation) with PA-09-02.
• The MU (mixed use) future land use designation was given to the 126± acres with the adoption of the 1989 Comprehensive Plan and remained MU until 2009.
• As part of SWFWMD’s ongoing efforts to ensure efficient stewardship of both land and financial resources, the District’s Governing Board directed staff to conduct a Surplus Lands Assessment to identify properties or portions of properties that no longer met the original acquisition purpose or did not provide water resource benefits.
• As a result of the review, SWFWMD determined that the subject property did not provide critical water resource benefits and would be an appropriate candidate for surplus. In November 2012, the Governing Board authorized the District to surplus up to 10 acres from the greater Frog Creek tract.
• The impact of a MU future land use designation could be significant, however since the parcel is only 7+/- acres, the impact should be minimal. A detailed traffic study will be required at the time of a development proposal to determine if roadway improvements will be required.
• On January 16, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on December 31, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-13-10 Ord. 14-11 fka 13-45 - SWFWMD Frog Creek - 2-6-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: ORDINANCE 14-11 fka 13-45 - SWFWMD Frog Creek - 2-6-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - SWFWMD Frog Creek - PA-13-10 - 2-6-14 BC.pdf