|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers February 5, 2015 9:00 am to be recessed to 10:00 am|
Agenda Item #5
PDR-03-59(P)(R) - Prospect Bradenton Investments, LLC/Palma Sola Bay Club - DTS20140362 - B341 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing - TO BE CONTINUED TO APRIL 2, 2015
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
I move to continue the public hearing for PDR-03-59(P)(R) to April 2, 2015 at 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as same may be heard at the Manatee County Government Administrative Building, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, 1st Floor Chambers.
(Per the request of the applicant see attached letter)
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
1. Mr. Bob Lombardo, P.E. of Lombardo, Foley & Kolarik, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of an amended Preliminary Site Plan and stipulations previously approved by Ordinance No. PDR-03-59(Z)(P).
The originally requested amendments were: to increase the maximum number of multi-family residential units from 201 to 207; to clarify that Stipulation No. 11, the emergency access point onto Palma Sola Boulevard, can also be utilized for construction traffic access; to revise Stipulation #23 to allow the construction of an observation deck on the west side of Palma Sola Boulevard, the deck will not allow the mooring of boats; and increasing the height of Buildings #1 and #9 to 40’-2½” to be consistent with the other 21 buildings in the development and amending stipulations for compliance with current codes.
Subsequent to the January 15, 2015 Planning Commission meeting, the Applicant informed staff that they no longer were seeking to amend Stipulation No. 11. Staff has revised the Staff Report and the Ordinance. The only revision to Stipulation No. 11 is the update the language “Transportation Director” to Public Works Director.
3. Special Approvals: Partially located within the Coastal High Hazard Area and a Perennial Stream (Palma Sola Creek). These Special Approvals were approved with the previous application and the proposed revisions do not affect staff support of these Special Approval requests.
4. The project provides 12.12 acres of open space (38.8%); exceeding the requirements of the Planned Development District.
5. Project access is from 75th Street West and an emergency access on Palma Sola Boulevard.
6. On January 15, 2015, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Details on the nay vote and a public comment summary are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on December 17, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Deleting Stip 11 - Staff Report-PDR-03-59(P)(R)-Palma Sola Bay Club-02-05-2015 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Letters from application continuance and withdrawing an requested item received 1-30-15.pdf
Attachment: Building Elevations 1-Palma Sola Bay Club.pdf
Attachment: Building Elevations 2-Palma Sola Bay Club-.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - Palma Sola Bay Club - Bradenton Herald.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-03-59(P)(R) - Palma Sola Bay Club - Sarasota Herald Tribune.pdf
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R).pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Clean Copy - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R).pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - STrike through underline formatPalma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R).pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Palma Sola Bay Club - PDR-03-59(P)(R).pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement-Palma Sola Bay Club-.pdf