|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - February 4, 2016|
Agenda Item #7
Z-15-04 - DTS Group, LLC/Tamiami Tennis Academy - DTS20150345 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-15-04, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Allison-Gause, Inc., agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a straight rezone from PD-R (Planned Development - Residential with a valid General Development Plan associated) to RMF-9 (Residential, Multi Family – 9 dwelling units to the acre) for a 2.21-acre portion of a 4.05± acre property located generally on the west side of 14th Street West, approximately 1,700 feet north of the Cortez Road West/44th Avenue West and 14th Street West intersection Bradenton (Manatee County).
• The maximum number of dwelling units is approximately 19 units. The FLUC is RES-16 (Residential – 16 dwelling units/acre).
• The requested RMF-9 zoning is consistent with the existing development pattern and zoning of nearby properties and is a logical extension of the residential development pattern.
• The RES-16 FLUC provides for a maximum gross residential density of 9 du/gross acre unless a Special Approval is applied for (which requires a rezone to Planned Development). Additionally, the RMF-9 zoning provides for a minimum lot size for residential and nonresidential lots, and allows for a maximum density of 9 du/ac which is consistent with the RES-16 FLUC.
• This is a straight rezone request, there are no Special or Specific Approvals nor Staff Stipulations.
• On January 14, 2016, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on December 11, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to Bobbi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps- Zoning, FLU, Aerials - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - 2-4-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Z-15-04 - Tamiami Tennis Academy 2016.01.06.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - DTS20150345.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - 1-14-16 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - Sarasota Herald - 2-4-2016 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Aerial Exhbit - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - DTS20150345.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - .pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Tamiami Tennis Academy - Z-15-04 - Bradenton Herald Line - 2-4-16 BC.pdf