|REVISED February 13, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #47
State Transit Corridor Grant Program Funding for FY 17/18. Contract No. G0T05, FPID No. 410895-1-84-05, Multi-Year Joint Participation Agreement (JPA)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450 x7432
- Adoption of Resolution R-18-023.
- Authorization for the Chairperson to execute the Five-Year Joint Participation Agreement (JPA), Financial Project Number 410895-1-84-05, Contract No. G0T45, with an end date of December 30, 2022. This JPA with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) provides funding for eligible operating assistance expenses in FY 2017/18 in the amount of $729,074 for public transit services along the State Road 789/Gulf Drive Corridor.
- Authorization for the Chairperson to execute Standard Lobbying Certification Form, Financial Project Number 410895-1-84-05.
Chapter 341, Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Code, Plan 6.0 Mass Transit Element, Resolution R-12-197
- The Transit Corridor Program was enacted by State Legislature to provide funding to support public transit service within specific corridors where services are designed to reduce or alleviate congestion or other mobility issues within the corridor.
- Transit corridor funding is discretionary and distributed by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) based upon demonstrated need. Eligible Transit Corridor projects must be identified in a locally-adopted Transit Development Plan (TDP), Congestion Management System Plan, or other formal study.
- Manatee County has complied with all of the program requirements necessary to qualify as a recipient of the FY 2017/18 annual allocation of State Transit Corridor Program funding in the amount of $729,074. This funding will be used to support Anna Maria Island (AMI) Trolley operating expenses in the current fiscal year (i.e. FY 2017/18).
- Funding for the State Transit Corridor Grant Program is a 50/50 cost sharing program with the FDOT. The $729,074 local share required to meet grant criteria is currently allocated in the FY 2017/18 Transit/AMI Trolley operating budget to support the Manatee County Government share of costs.
- Transit Corridor Program funding is utilized as operating assistance to support Anna Maria Island (AMI) Trolley services, which provide transit service along the SR 789/Gulf Drive corridor. Previously, annual FDOT funding for this project has ranged between $288,000 and $756,000 to Manatee County Government, beginning with the original BCC Authorizing Resolution.
- Resolution R-18-023 authorizes the execution of a multi-year JPA with the FDOT for State Transit Corridor Grant Program funding. After the JPA is fully executed, it will remain in effect until December 30, 2022. Annual JPAs will not be required; however, annual execution of a Multi-Year JPA Notification of Funding form is required to receive annual funding allocations over the Five-Year JPA period.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return two (2) signed originals (in blue ink) for Resolution, JPA, and Standard Lobbying Certification Form to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Edrick.Sweeting@mymanatee.org, X7354. The Grants Administrator will then forward the entire packet to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). Once the FDOT completes JPA execution, a fully executed JPA will be forwarded to Board Records.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-0012002 Transit Trolley Operating: FDOT Funds $729,074
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
The portion of expense in the above cost center is revenue from FDOT.
Attachment: FM 410895-1-84-05 Contract - G0T05 JPA.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R18-023.pdf
Attachment: 410895-1-84-05 Standard Lobbying Certification Form.pdf