|REVISED February 13, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #21
Interlocal Agreement between Villages of Glen Creek Community Development District and Manatee County
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracy Trahan, Planner, ext. 3877
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute Interlocal Agreement between Villages of Glen Creek Community Development District and Manatee County.
Section 163.01, Florida Statutes, the "Florida Interlocal Cooperation Act"
- The City of Bradenton adopted Ordinance No. 2852, effective on December 13, 2006, approving the formation of the Villages of Glen Creek Community Development District.
- The District is approximately 229.34 acres of land which lies within the boundaries of the City of Bradenton. The property is located on the east side of 15th Street East, south of Martin Luther King Avenue, west of 27th Street East, and north of 30th Avenue East.
- The District filed a Petition to Expand the Boundaries of the Villages of Glen Creek Community Development District by approximately 11.619 acres with the City of Bradenton. The property the District has requested to bring into the District is located within the boundaries of Manatee County. The District simultaneously filed a Petition to Expand the Boundaries of the Village of Glen Creek Community Development District with the County, requesting consent and approval.
- In order for the District to expand its boundaries to include the Expansion Parcels located within the County's jurisdiction, this Interlocal Agreement is entered into pursuant to Section 190.012(1)(h), Florida Statutes.
- Section 163.01, Florida Statutes, the "Florida Interlocal Cooperation Act" permits the County and District to enter into this Interlocal Agreement to exercise the powers, privileges, and authority which they share in common and which each might exercise separately, in order to make the most efficient use of their powers.
- Staff recommends approval of the Interlocal Agreement.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Interlocal Agreement reviewed by County Attorney
Instructions to Board Records
Provide two signed originals to Tracy Trahan, Building and Development Services, for distribution to involved parties.
Please send executed copy of document to Bobbi Roy, Building and Development Services.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Villages of Glen Creek CDD Interlocal Agreement (Revised).pdf