|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 8, 2016 - 9:00 AM|
Agenda Item #4
PA-16-04/Ordinance 16-39 - County Initiated Text Amendment for Large Projects - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend Transmittal of Plan Amendment PA-16-04, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• In 2016, projects presumed to be a development of regional impact no longer have to go through the DRI process if consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
• Existing DRI’s continue to require county, regional and state review.
• Existing DRIs have been allowed to request a Certificate of Level of Service (CLOS) for Concurrency with a General Development Plan (GDP).
• Projects slightly less than a Development of Regional Impact are deemed a “large project” and have to meet all large project standards but are not eligible to request a Certificate of Level of Service with the associated General Development Plan.
• With no more DRI reviews for proposed development that are consistent with the Comprehensive Plan, staff is proposing a General Development Plan that meets “large project” standards be allowed to apply for a CLOS.
• Various department names have been corrected throughout the sections.
• Staff recommends transmittal.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0785 on November 17, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on November 21, 2016.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA Large Projects - PA-16-04 - Ordinance 16-39.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf