|REVISED December 17, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #39
Z-84-76(R10) - Wells Fargo Bank, NA/Creekwood - DTS20130202 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-84-76(R10) for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for a project in: 1) the Entranceway; 2) the Watershed Protection - Evers Overlay District; 3) the Special Treatment Overlay District, and 4) the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category; and for a project that was previously granted Specific Approval for alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 710.1.6, 710.2.1, and 7220.127.116.11.g of the Land Development Code, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- Creekwood DRI is a mixed-use development, located at the NE and NW quadrants of the intersection of State Road 70 and I-75. The DRI development was approved on August 27, 1985.
- On September 3, 1985, the Board of County Commissioners approved a rezone and General Development Plan (GDP) for a ±1,090 acre project (Z-84-76). The GDP was approved to allow 4,081 units, 435,000 square feet of commercial space, 2,000,000 square feet of industrial space, and 184,000 square feet of office space.
- Nine amendments have been made to the GDP, the most recent on August 2, 2012. The total project acreage was reduced to ±818.26 acres and the total amount of development authorized within the latest GDP amendment is 1,250 units, 603,000 square feet of commercial space, 800,000 square feet of industrial space, 225,000 square feet of office space, 80,000 square feet of mini-warehouse, and 100 hotel rooms.
- The applicant requests to revise the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan to:
- Modify the land use of Parcel G from office to residential;
- Rezone Parcel G from PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/ Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to PDR/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Residential/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts);
- Add 112 residential units and decrease office square footage by 125,000 square feet;
- Delete Land Use Condition 1 related to maximum density in the Watershed;
- Remove references to Parcel G related to non-residential development;
- Revise Land Use Condition 7, related to the width of a bicycle and pedestrian path along Lena Road, to be consistent with previously approved Land Use Condition 5 of the Ordinance 12-15 (Creekwood - DRI # 13);
- Amend the stipulations related to the I-75 bridge approach; and
- Update the Zoning Ordinance to reflect department references.
- A companion application to amend the Development Order and Map H to the Creekwood DRI is being reviewed under a separate application.
- Parcel G is located on the north side of SR 70, west of I-75, and east of Creekwood Boulevard, approximately ½ mile northeast of the intersection of SR 70 and Creekwood Boulevard at 7715 52nd Terrace E, Bradenton (±20.75 acres) and the present zoning is PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/ Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts).
- The addition of 112 residential units will not impact the traffic pattern of the surrounding area. The residential use will generate less PM peak-hour trips than the previous approved office complex. No traffic related improvements have been required as a result of this request.
- No impacts to the overall open space and conservation areas of the Creekwood DRI will take place with this proposal. The proposed gross density is in the range of maximum gross density allowed for a project within the RES-6 and MU FLUCs.
- Future residents of Parcel G may be impacted by noise since the site is adjacent to I-75 and north of an established large commercial development. At time of Preliminary Site Plan, staff will evaluate possible impacts to future residents and will include necessary stipulations to mitigate them.
- Staff recommends approval of the proposed changes.
- The Planning Commission is scheduled for December 12, 2013.
- The Planning Commission’s recommendations and changes will be in an update memo for the December 17, 2013, BOCC meeting.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on October 22, 2013, and November 5, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed approved document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Creekwood - Z-84-76(R10) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Creekwood - Wells Fargo - Z-84-76(R10) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Creekwood - Z-84-76(R10) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Creekwood - Z-84-76(R10) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Ordinance in strikethrough underline format - Creekwood Z-84-76(R10) - 12-17-13 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Master Development Plan - Site Plan - Creekwood - Z-84-76(R10) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf