|REVISED December 17, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #40
Z-84-76/PSP-13-21(P) - Wells Fargo Bank/Creekwood Commons West - DTS20130206 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-84-76/PSP-13-21(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.8, B.1-B.2, C.1-C.2, D.1-D.3, and E.1; GRANTING Special Approval for: 1) a project in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category; 2) Entranceway, 3) partially within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, and 4) partially within Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Sections 702.6.8, 7220.127.116.11, 718.104.22.168, 712.2.8, 714.8.7, 715.3.4, and 722.214.171.124 Option E of the Land Development Code, subject to approval of Ordinance Z-84-76(R10), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- The 20.75± acre vacant site is located on the east side of Creekwood Boulevard, approximately ½ mile northeast of intersection of SR 70 and Creekwood Boulevard.
- The site is Parcel G of the Creekwood DRI, a mixed-use development, located at the NE and NW quadrants of the intersection of State Road 70 and I-75. The DRI project was approved in 1985, and has been amended a number of times to reduce the total project acreage, decrease amount of development, and modify and redistribute project entitlements. The most recent amendment was in 2012.
- Parcel G was originally intended to be developed with office uses, and zoned PDC (Planned Development Commercial) as part of the original approval of the Creekwood DRI. The site has entitlements for 60,000 square feet of office space (Z-84-76/FSP-04-106/ Creekwood West Commons, approved on 03/14/2005) and a Certificate Level of Services (CLOS-05-062) issued on 03/14/2005 that will expire on 03/14/2015.
- The site is zoned PDR/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Residential/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) [subject to the approval of Ordinance Z-84-76(R10) to modify the use of the site from office to residential, and rezone the site from PDC (Planned Development Commercial) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) maintaining the Overlay Districts (Watershed Protection and Special Treatment)].
- The site is within the RES-6 (Residential – six dwelling units per acre) (7.9 acres) and MU (Mixed-Use) (12.8 acres) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC).
The current request is for approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for a maximum of 112 single-family attached residences in a gated private community. The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
- Two access points: one main access point to connect Creekwood Boulevard with an internal loop via a main private roadway (gated entrance), and a gated emergency access point in the northwest corner of the site that provides connection from the internal loop to Creekwood Boulevard, via a 15-foot-wide stabilized emergency access.
- Minimum lot size of 1,584 square feet (16-foot-wide minimum). The dwelling units will be organized in buildings containing 4 or 6 units located along both sides of the “internal loop”.
- Gross and net density of 5.4 and 5.65 dwelling units per acre respectively.
- 7.5 acres of open space (36% of the total site). Recreational amenities (0.89 acres) as a focal point (optional open pavilion, restrooms, and a pool).
- 20-foot-wide roadway buffer along Creekwood Boulevard, and a 5-foot wide sidewalk within the referenced roadway buffer, both already existing.
- 15-foot-wide greenbelt landscape buffer along the south and partially north property boundaries to screen the project from the adjacent development (commercial site and residential subdivision, respectively). A 100-foot buffer along the east property boundary adjacent to I-75 is provided.
- 6-foot high fence or wall along the south property boundary (lots 45 to 74) and along the rear of lots 1 to 14.
- Stormwater management facilities to the west and northeast of the site (already installed on-site).
- No impacts to wetland or wetland buffers.
- Special approval is required for a project with:
- Project in MU (Mixed-Use) FLUC
- Project within WP-E (Watershed Protection Evers) Overlay District
- Project within ST (Special Treatment) Overlay District (partially)
- Project within the Entranceway Overlay District (partially)
- The applicant requests Specific Approval to:
- Reduced waterfront yard setback (LDC Section 702.6.8)
- Reduced private Right-of-Way width (LDC Section 7126.96.36.199)
- To allow sidewalks on one side of internal travel lane (LDC Section 7188.8.131.52)
- Second means of access (LDC Section 712.2.8)
- Reduced replacement tree sizes (714.8.7)
- To allow one canopy tree per plantable area (715.3.4)
- Placement of 6-foot-high wall or fence along the exterior edge of the greenbelt buffer with landscape placed in the interior side of the fence or wall. (7184.108.40.206, Option E)
- Staff supports all requested Specific Approvals. Staff recommends approval of this request, with stipulations.
- The Planning Commission public hearing is scheduled for December 12, 2013. The Planning Commission’s recommendations and changes will be in an update memo for the December 17, 2013, BOCC meeting.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on November 5, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed approval document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Creekwood West Commons - Z-84-76 PSP-13-21(P) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Creekwood West Commons - Z-84-76 - PSP-13-21(P) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request Letter - Creekwood West Commons - Z-84-76PSP-13-21(P) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Creekwood West Commons - Z-84-76PSP-13-21(P) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Creekwood West Commons - Z-84-76PSP-13-21(P) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Creekwood West Commons - Z-84-76PSP-13-21(P) - 12-17-13 BC.pdf