|REVISED December 1, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #40
Hospital Agreements FY16
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director, Community Services, x3489
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager, x3489
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute the FY16 agreements with Manatee Memorial Hospital and Blake Medical Center for the provision of care to uninsured County residents, and approval of allocation of funds with the adoption of Budget Amendment Resolution B-16-021.
The most recent agreements between Manatee County and the Hospitals expired on September 30, 2015. Manatee County desires to maintain a strong healthcare system, which includes providing services to the uninsured population.
These agreements reflect the requirements previously discussed in work sessions and include:
- Allocation not to exceed $3,525,000 for Manatee Memorial Hospital
- Allocation not to exceed $500,000 for Blake Medical Center
- Agreements effective October 1, 2015-September 30, 2016
- Services provided must be medically necessary as defined by AHCA and outlined in Attachment A Section 2(f) of the agreements, including inpatient services that cannot be performed more economically on an outpatient basis or in another type of facility
- Required participation in the exchange of healthcare information through HIE Networks.
- Patient eligibility determined using county-owned IHS software and at numerous points of entry - (examples: physicians offices, urgent care centers, hospital emergency departments, We Care, Turning Points, and the Community Services Department)
- Participation requirements - income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL); proof of county residency.
- Requires data submission.
- Requires participation in pilot programs as they are approved by the Board of County Commissioners
- Providers will:
- Enroll all clients in a Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) as chosen and specified by the County as permitted by HIPAA legislation
- Ensure client data entered into the HIE is current for each client contact and update data as needed and permitted by HIPAA legislation
- Participate in all administrative or clinical community meetings as required by the County, help to identify gaps in Manatee County Healthcare, and provide information on industry best practices as needed
- Submit any additional documentation or reports as requested
- Actively collaborate with the Manatee County Healthcare Advisory Board as requested
- Rate of reimbursement is the Ratio of Cost to Charges (RCC) percentage that is set with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), as shown in the most recent Medicare cost reports.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Mr. Eschenfelder reviewed, revised, and approved of the agreements pursuant to RLS 15-268.
Instructions to Board Records
Originals to Community Services once executed.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$4,025,000.00 from General Fund Reserves for Health Care
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Manatee Memorial Hospital Agreement FY16.pdf
Attachment: Blake Medical Center Agreement FY16.pdf
Attachment: B-16-021 Indigent Health Care Funding.pdf
Attachment: 2015 Federal Poverty Level Charts.pdf