|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 3, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #12
LDCT-16-07/Ordinance 17-19 - Large Projects Land Development Code Amendment - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the requirements for Text Amendments in Section 341.2 of the Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Ordinance 17-19, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code, as amended, and recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• This Land Development Code Text Amendment implements the recently adopted Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment.
• At this time, a development considered to be a “large project” has to meet all large project standards; however, is not eligible to request a Certificate of Level of Service.
• Proposal is for a General Development Plan (that meets “large project” standards) to be allowed to apply for a Certificate of Level of Service.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On May 11, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rhoades was absent.
• On June 1, 2017 the Board of County Commissioners held the first of two required public hearings. No action was necessary at this time.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0247 on May 9, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Large Projects LDC Amendment - LDCT-16-07 - Ordinance 16-33.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 17-19 - LDCT 16-07.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf