|Manatee County Administrative Center First Floor, Commission Chambers 9:00 a.m. - August 14, 2014|
Agenda Item #7
PDO-14-14(Z)(G) - Shriyog Corporation/Dr. Parikh - DTS20140166 - MEPS00000300 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDO-14-14(Z)(G); APPROVAL the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.5, B.1-B.2, and C.1-C.2; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) with mixed uses in the RES-9 FLUC, 2) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, and 3) within the Special Treatment Overlay; ADOPTION the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to LDC Sections 714.8.7 (Tree Replacement Size), 603.10.4.3 (Yards and Setbacks in the PDO Zoning District), 715.3.2.c.2 (Screening Buffers), 710.1.3.3.1 (Location of Parking Areas and Driveways in Required Yards), 715.3.1.g (Perimeter Landscaping Requirement – Vehicular Use Area), 715.3.2 - Figure 715C (Screening – Perimeter Buffer Options), and 710.2.17.2 (Off-Street Loading) as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The 2.23± acre vacant site is located on the north side of University Parkway, approximately 1,150 feet east of Lockwood Ridge Road.
• The site is zoned A-1/WP-E/ST (Suburban Agriculture/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) and within the RES-9 (Residential – nine dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The request is to rezone the property to PDO (Planned Development Office) retaining the Overlay Districts (WP-E/ST) and approve a General Development Plan for 13,800 square feet of non-residential uses to include offices, retail, and eating establishment uses in two buildings.
• The General Development Plan shows two phases and includes:
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands within the boundary of this proposal, and no upland habitat on-site. There are no known historic or archaeological resources on the site.
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners, through the planned development process, for a project:
• The applicant requests Specific Approval to:
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 16, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Shriyog Corporation Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(P) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Ad - Sarasota Herald Tribune - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(G) - 8-14-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bradenton - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(G) - 8-14-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Shriyog Corp. Dr. Parikh - PDO-14-14(Z)(P) - 8-14-14PC.pdf