|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 11, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PDUI-16-05(G) - Tropicana Manufacturing Company, Inc./Tropicana Master Development Plan - DTS20160154 - MEPS546 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDUI-16-05(G); APPROVAL of the Master Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.5, B.1, and C.1 – C.2, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Alan Prather, Esq, with Porges, Hamlin, Knowles, & Prouty, P.A, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Master Development Plan (MDP) for the Tropicana Manufacturing Company pursuant the Manufacturing Development Program (LDC Section 357).
• The Master Development Plan proposes a total of 4,000,000 square feet of manufacturing and accessory uses (including the existing 2,243,858 square feet facility) on a ±175.94–acre site generally located north of US 301, east of 9th Street East, west of 15th Street East, and south of 13th Avenue East.
• The Tropicana site is designated under the IU (Industrial Urban) Future Land Use Category (FLUC), zoned PDUI (Planned Development Urban Industrial), and part of the MDO (Manufacturing Development Overlay District).
• The proposed Master Development Plan is consistent with the requirements of the approval process set forth in LDC Section 357.6., which includes the following:
• The proposed MDP is substantially consistent with:
- The General Development Plan for Tropicana Products, Inc. [PDUI-02-27(Z)(G)] approved by the Board of County Commissioners on 11/02/2004, and
• The MDP identifies a list of “Permitted Uses” (limited to manufacturing uses, and accessory uses incidental to manufacturing activities), proposes a maximum FAR of 0.52 (1.25 is allowed within the IU zoning district), and 13.79% of open space (minimum 10% is required).
• The proposed MDP is consistent with the provisions of the Comprehensive Plan, fulfilling the regulations of LDC Section 402.17 – PDUI Zoning District, and complies with all the requirements of LDC 357.6.6 related to the “Criteria for approval of a Master Development Plan”.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Tropicana - PDUI-16-05(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Certification of Eligibility.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Master Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Extension Letters.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Copy of Newspaper Advertising.pdf