|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers August 10, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #8
PDMU-16-16(Z)(G) - Parrish Lakes - 20100092 - MEPS605 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, and making a recommendation finding that the proposed multi-family buildings and office buildings in excess of 35 feet and up to 45 feet in height satisfy the criteria in LDC Section 402.7.D.9, I move to recommend ADOPTION of the Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-16-16(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.15, B.1–B.4, C.1-C.7, and D.1 ; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) in the MU FLUC; 2) adjacent to a perennial stream; 3) partially in the 25 year floodplain; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to LDC Section 403.12.D.3(k)[reduction of rear yard setbacks for accessory structures in NC Overlay District], as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• FLM, Inc., applicant for Parrish Lakes requests approval of a Development of Regional Impact (DRI) to allow a two phased mixed-use development to include 3,300 residential units; 400,000 square feet of retail space and 50,000 square feet of office space.
• The 1,155± acre site is on the south side of Moccasin Wallow Road, approximately 0.74 miles east of I-75, and north side of Erie Road in northern Manatee County approximately three (3) miles south of the Hillsborough County line.
• Historically, the site was used for agriculture uses.
• A 330-foot wide Florida Power and Light transmission line easement runs across the eastern part of the site extending from north to south.
• The Buffalo Canal traverses the site from east to west, near the center of the site. Special Approval is required for a project adjacent to a perennial stream.
The 2020 Manatee County Comprehensive Plan designates the site as MU (Mixed Use). The 330-foot wide FPL Easement is designated as P/SP-1(Public/Semi-Public-1) on the Future Land Use Map.
• The site is currently zoned A (General Agriculture- one dwelling unit per five acres) and A-1(Suburban Agriculture-one dwelling unit per one acre). The site is partially in the NC (North County Overlay District).
• The proposed densities (3.0 dwelling units per acre) and intensities (F.A.R. 0.22) are consistent with the maximum potential density and intensity allowed for the MU (nine dwelling units per acre), and P/SP-1 (zero dwelling units allowed) FLUCs.
• The General Development Plan shows Carter Road dissects the site from Moccasin Wallow Road to the north to Erie Road to the south. Sawgrass Road runs in a northerly to southerly direction connecting a future right-of-way to the north and Erie Road to the south. There are three access points connecting Moccasin Wallow Road, eight access points connecting Carter Road, six access points connecting Sawgrass Road and one access connecting Erie Road.
• There are 13.0± acres of wetlands on-site, of which 0.4± acres will be impacted due to the proposed alignment of Sawgrass Road.
• There are 26± acres proposed for recreational amenities to include community open space/park and private recreational facilities.
• Staff recommends approval subject to the recommended stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0381 on July 10, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Parrish Lakes PDMU-16-16(Z)(G) .pdf
Attachment: Maps and Ariels.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report REVISED - Parrish Lakes General Development Plan 080817.pdf
Attachment: Parrish Lakes revised Zoning Ordianance 080817 edits.pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Parrish Lakes PDMU-16-16(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Letter from Applicant presentation time Parrish Lakes.pdf
Attachment: County Attorney's office comments regarding Affordable Housing.pdf