|REVISED April 4, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #8
LDA-09-03(R2) - Second Amendment to the Local Development Agreement for Silverleaf Phases 1 - 6 - Quasi-Judicial - Katie LaBarr
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Katie LaBarr, AICP
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Devlopment Code, I move to APPROVE the Second Amendment to LDA-09-03(R2) for Silverleaf Phases 1 - 6, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- The request is for approval of a second amendment to an LDA for the Silverleaf subdivision which is located in Manatee County, generally located on the south side of US 301, at the northwest corner of Old Tampa Road and Chin Road.
- On June 3, 2010, this site was rezoned from General Agriculture/North Central Overlay (A/NCO) to Planned Development Residential, retaining the North Central Overlay. A Preliminary Site Plan was approved for 713 single-family residential lots.
- At the same hearing, a Local Development Agreement was approved, providing for the dedication of right-of-way, Proportionate Fair Share Mitigation for concurrency impacts, and an extended CLOS. To date, a CLOS has not yet been issued for this project.
- On March 13, 2012, the Board of County Commissioners approved the first amendment to the LDA, providing for a CLOS expiration date of eight years from the date of issuance for public facilities and services, including transportation, recreation/open space, solid waste and stormwater. The CLOS approval will not extend beyond June 10, 2023. The applicant also revised the language to reference the General Development Plan.
- On February 7, 2013, the applicant submitted a revised General Development Plan to add single family semi-detached units to the range of dwelling units permitted for this project.
- At the advice of the County Attorney’s Office, staff requested the applicant revise the LDA to be consistent with the revised General Development Plan.
- The revisions to the GDP are currently under review and staff will present that request at the April 4 BOCC hearing with the second required hearing for this LDA.
- In accordance with state law and Section 510.9.2.2.1 of the LDC, the County is authorized to issue a CLOS for a term greater than three (3) years subject to the required public facilities and services being guaranteed in a Development Agreement.
- The original LDA and the two Amendments contain the same approved upon conditions.
- Staff recommends approval of this agreement.
- On March 7, 2013 the Board of County Commissioners held a public hearing regarding this item. No action was necessary that day due to this was the first of two required public hearing.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Written Comments Available from William Clague.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward three certified copies to Bobbi Roy / Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Silverleaf LDA - LDA-09-03(R2) - 4-4-13 BC..pdf
Attachment: Approval Document Current LDA - Silverleaf - LDA-09-03(R2) - 4-4-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Silverleaf LDA Second Amendment - LDA-09-03(R2) - 4-4-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Supplementa Information - First Amendment to LDA LDA-09-03(R) - 4-4-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Supplemental Information - Orginal LDA - Silverleaf LDA - LDA-09-03 4-4-13 BC.pdf