|REVISED April 3, 2014 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #7
Z-84-76(R11) - Creekwood Investors, Ltd./Creekwood East Rezone of Lots 8-15 - DTS20130502 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-84-76(R11) for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for a project in: 1) the Entranceway; 2) the Watershed Protection - Evers Overlay District; 3) the Special Treatment Overlay District, and 4) the MU (Mixed Use) FLUC; and for a project that was previously granted Specific Approval for alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 710.1.6, 710.2.1 and 7126.96.36.199.g of the Land Development Code, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Creekwood DRI is a mixed-use development, located at the NE and NW quadrants of the intersection of State Road 70 and I-75. The DRI development was approved on August 27, 1985.
• On September 3, 1985, the Board of County Commissioners approved a rezone and General Development Plan (GDP) for a ±1,090 acre project (Z-84-76). The GDP was approved to allow 4,081 units, 435,000 square feet of commercial space, 2,000,000 square feet of industrial space, and 184,000 square feet of office space.
• Ten amendments have been made to the GDP, the most recent on December 17, 2013. The total project acreage was reduced to ±818.26 acres and the total amount of development authorized within the latest GDP amendment is 1,362 residential units, 603,000 square feet of commercial space, 800,000 square feet of industrial space, 100,000 square feet of office space, 80,0000 square feet of mini-warehouse, and 100 hotel rooms.
• The applicant requests to revise the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan to:
- Allow Group Care Home (assisted living facility) as an allowable use in Parcel MU;
- Rezone Lots 8 - 15 of Creekwood East Subdivision within Parcel MU from PDI/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Industrial/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts);
- Add 150-bed group care home and decrease commercial square footage by 10,000 square feet in Parcel MU;
- Allow a maximum building height of 40 feet for group care home in Parcel MU;
- Stipulate a Master Sign Plan for Parcel MU.
• A companion application to amend the Development Order and Map H to the Creekwood DRI is being reviewed under a separate application.
• Parcel MU is located on the north side of SR 70, and east of I-75. Lots 8 - 15 of Creekwood East Subdivision (area subject to rezone) are east and west of Lena Road at 5403, 5404, 5414, 5424, 5425, 5434, 5444, and 5455 Lena Road, Bradenton (±34.31 acres).
• The proposed rezone from PDI (Planned Development Industrial) to PDC (Planned Development Commercial) is consistent with the entitlements of Parcel MU and with the development trend of properties along the south segment of Lena Road and SR 70 which is characterized by commercial and office uses.
• The addition of 150 group care home beds will not impact the traffic pattern of the surrounding area. This residential use will generate less PM peak-hour trips than 10,000 square feet of commercial space.
• No impacts to the overall open space and conservation areas of the Creekwood DRI will take place with this proposal. The proposed gross density is in the range of maximum gross density allowed for a project within the MU FLUCs.
• Future residents of Parcel G may be impacted by noise since the site is adjacent to I-75 and to north of an established large commercial development. At time of Preliminary Site Plan, staff will evaluate possible impacts to future residents and will include necessary stipulations to mitigate them.
• Staff recommends approval of the proposed changes.
• On March 13, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on February 14, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Z-84-76(G)(R11) - DTS 20130502 - Creekwood - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Creekwood - Z-84-76(G)(R11) - DTS 20130502 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Ord - Creekwood - Z-84-76(G)(R11) - DTS 20130502 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Z-84-76(G)(R11) - DTS 20130502 - Creekwood - 20140413 BC.pdf
Attachment: Sign Plan - Creekwood - Z-84-76(G)(R11) - DTS 20130502 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Creekwood - Z-84-76(G)(R11) - DTS 20130502 - 20140403 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Creekwood GDP - Z-84-76(R11) - 4-3-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Creekwood Z-84-76(G)(R11) - 20140403 BC.pdf