|REVISED April 12, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #30
Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) Designation
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621, x 7440
Chad Butzow, Public Works Deputy Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (941) 708-7432, x7432
- Adopt Resolution R-16-044 requesting the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) recommend to the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (FCTD) that Manatee County Government continue to serve as the CTC for Manatee County.
- Authorize the Chairperson to execute the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) Amendment Number One, which extends the current MOA between the FCTD and Manatee County until September 30, 2016.
Florida Statutes 341; Florida Statutes 427; Rule Chapter 41-2.
- Since 1990, Manatee County Government has served as the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) for Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) services in Manatee County. That designation is effective through June 30, 2016. The CTC designation for Manatee County is made by the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (FCTD) and is based upon a recommendation from the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), which serves as the local Designated Official Planning Agency (DOPA) for the Sarasota and Manatee County TD programs.
- The statewide TD program was developed to improve coordination among transportation services sponsored by social and human services agencies and provide service for needy non-sponsored clients. In its role as the CTC for Manatee County, Manatee County Government coordinates TD trips to qualified sponsored and non-sponsored persons and provides TD trips through the Transit Division/Handy Bus program.
- As CTC, Manatee County receives funding for the provision of TD trips through the FCTD from the State of Florida Transportation Disadvantaged Trust Fund. In addition, serving as CTC ensures Manatee County's eligibility for FTA Section 5310 capital and operating grant funding. Manatee County utilizes the FTA Section 5310 grant for fleet replacement purposes and to support paratransit operations.
- To continue Manatee County's designation as the CTC, the Public Works/Transit Division staff is requesting that the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners adopt the attached resolution, R-16-044, which requests the Sarasota/Manatee MPO recommend that Manatee County Government continue to serve as the CTC for Manatee County. Once a recommendation has been made by the MPO and approved by the FCTD, a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the FCTD will be executed. Once approved by the FCTD, the CTC designation would continue for a five-year period.
- The FCTD cannot approve a new MOA with Manatee County until their next scheduled meeting, which does not occur until September 9, 2016. Consequently an amendment is necessary to extend the current MOA Amendment which expires June 30, 2016. The CTD staff has prepared an MOA Amendment which extends the current MOA to September 30, 2016, so that Manatee County can continue to receive FCTD funding for TD service provision while the CTC designation process proceeds.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the signed Resolution and a copy of the minutes to William Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621, x 7440.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution R-16-044 CTC Designation.pdf
Attachment: MOA TD1213 Amend 1.pdf