|REVISED - June 4, 2015 - Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #8
LDA-14-02(R) - First Amendment and Restatement of Local Development Agreement for OK Willow Walk LLC/Willow Walk - Quasi-Judicial - Sia Mollanazar
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sia Mollanazar, Deputy Director, Engineering Services, Public Works
941-748-4501 ext. 7487
Clarke Davis, Transportation Planning Manager, Public Works
941-748-4501 ext. 7272
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, Building and Development Services
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
This is the first of two required public hearings. The second hearing is scheduled for June 16, 2015. No action is required at the first hearing.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Section 163.3180(5) Florida Statutes
Sections 163.3220-163.3243, Florida Statutes
• The request is for approval of an amended and restated Local Development Agreement for Willow Walk Subdivision.
• Willow Walk is approximately 272.36 acres on the southeast corner of Experimental Farm Road (49th Street East) and Ellenton Gillette Road, west of I-75 and north of Mendoza Road at 4110 41st Street East in Palmetto.
• Willow Walk was rezoned to Planned Development Residential (PDR) on September 4, 2014 (PDR-14-04[Z][P]) with the approval of a Preliminary Site Plan (PSP) for 718 residential units.
• The Local Development Agreement for Willow Walk Subdivision was approved on January 13, 2015.
• The Applicant had proposed an Alternative Connection deviating from the County’s North County Wastewater System Master Plan. The Applicant received a Final Site Plan approval for Phase 1 of the Project before adoption of a Line Capacity Fee: The Applicant has paid $712.00 (the “PFSM Payment”) per equivalent dwelling unit (“EDU”) of the Final Site Plan. The Applicant’s Phase 1 Final Site Plan includes 288 EDU (287 single family detached residential dwelling units and an amenity center), and therefore the total PFSM Payment for the Final Site Plan of $205,056.00 (288 EDU x $712.00/EDU) was collected from the applicant.
• The applicant submitted a proposed amended and restated Local Development Agreement in order to provide for addition of future force main within the Phase II of project at the request of County to address the future County’s Wastewater System.
• The terms of the amended LDA remain as previously approved by BCC with the exception of addition of following terms:
o The County has requested, and the Applicant has agreed, that the Applicant shall dedicate a utility easement through Phase II of the Project to accommodate additional wastewater service facilities, specifically a 12 inch sanitary sewer force main, to connect the master wastewater utility system to the east, as shown on Exhibit “D”, attached to the LDA, on or before approval of the first Final Plat for Phase I of the Project. The Applicant may, at its election, relocate such utility easement to the southern boundary of Phase II of the Project (i.e., the north side of the 50’ FPL right of way), or the Applicant and the County may agree to relocate such easement to such other location that is reasonably acceptable to the Applicant and the County, with the County’s acceptance not to be unreasonably withheld, conditioned or delayed. In exchange for Applicant’s cooperation, County shall reserve line capacity for wastewater service for the remaining 431 units in Phase II of the Project for which the Applicant has not paid a corresponding Line Capacity Fee, provided that the Applicant shall, within five (5) years of the effective date of this Agreement, secure approval of the Final Site Plan(s) for the remaining units in Phase II of the Project, and further provided that the Applicant pays either the PFSM Payment or the Line Capacity Fee adopted and in effect at the time of payment, whichever is applicable, for each such unit on or before the later of: (1) approval of the Final Site Plan or (2) the date required under the ordinance enacting the Line Capacity Fee.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Willow Walk Amended LDA - LDA-14-02(R) - 6-4-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Willow Walk Amended LDA - LDA-14-02(R) - 6-4-15 BC with Exhibits..pdf
Attachment: Supplemental Information - LDA-14-02 -Approved Willow Walk LDA .pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Willow Walk Amended LDA - LDA-14-02(R) - Bradenton Herald - 6-4-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Willow Walk Amended LDA - LDA-14-02(R) - 6-4-15 BC Sarasota Herald.pdf