|REVISED - June 21, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #27
2017 Cyclovia Event
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri Coryea, Director X3468
Authorization for the Board of County Commissioners to accept a grant from 8 80 Cities in the amount of $5,000 to provide funding for the Cyclovia Bradenton event; and authorization for Cheri Coryea, Neighborhood Services Department Director, to execute participant funding agreement, and all other documents related to the grant and project.
Adoption of Budget Resolution B-16-076, increasing funds to align revenues and expenditures for the project.
- Manatee Millennial Movement has been awarded a $5,000 grant for Cyclovia Bradenton from the Emerging City Champions Program (Knight Foundation and 8 80 Cities).
- The Emerging City Champions is a fellowship program for young civic innovators with transformative ideas. They look for future city leaders with creative solutions that will enhance civic engagement, improve mobility, and activate public life in public spaces.
- Cyclovia Bradenton aims to reclaim the street as an active public space by getting Bradenton citizens out of their cars and into the streets to see how easy and fun it is to walk, bike, skate, skip, or run around our beautiful town.
- Cyclovia Bradenton attendees will have fun while engaging with Open Streets and Complete Streets philosophies, learning about road safety, sharing ideas for multi-modal improvements, and thinking differently about mobility in Manatee County
- The event is tentatively scheduled to take place in March 2017.
- The event will be co-sponsored with the Manatee Millennial Movement & Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- The grant money will be used for security, marketing and promotions, permits, t-shirts, and other project related incidentals.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Forward one original, executed agreement to Simone Peterson and a copy of the approved agenda to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com
Copy of adopted Resolution B-16-076 to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$5,000. Revenue: 173 9000518 337407/9000 Expenditure: 173 9000518 5xxxxx/9100
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Emerging City Champions 2016 Application Form Final.pdf
Attachment: Cyclovia Funding Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Resolution B-16-076.pdf