|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #2
PDR-13-41(P) - HBT of Eagle Pointe, LLC / Eagle Pointe - DTS20130400 - B00000242 - Quasi - Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-41(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.7, B.1 – B.3, C.1 – C.5, and D.1 – D.9; the MAKING of a Specific Finding that the multi-family buildings in Phases VI and VII exceeding 35-feet in height are consistent with Section 603.7.4.9 of the Land Development Code in that the development, as approved and stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development or the entranceway; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) in the UF-3 FLUC with a gross residential density exceeding one (1) dwelling unit per acre and a net residential density exceeding three (3) dwelling units per acre, 2) adjacent to a perennial lake or stream, 3) located within the Entranceway; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 604.10.3.3(f) (Design Standards for North Central Overlay District Landscaping Buffers) and 714.8.7 (Replacement Tree Standards), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
2. The site is located in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe, 3 dwelling units per acre). The project’s gross density is 2.4 du/ac.
3. The project requires Special Approval for: projects located in UF-3 exceeding 1 du/ac (gross) and 3 du/ac(net); project adjacent to a perennial lake or stream; and project located within the Entranceway. Staff recommends support of the Special Approval Request.
4. Staff is requesting and supporting Specific Approvals to reduce replacement tree sizes. The Applicant is requesting Specific Approval to the Buffer in North Central Overlay (NCO). Staff supports this request because the purpose of the berm and wall is to mitigate noise impacts along I-75 and recommends that the wall and at least 75% of the berm be setback a minimum of 50-feet from Carter Road so that the required landscaping can meet NCO standards.
5. This site was previously approved for 1,072 homes. The Applicant is requesting the increase to provide a wider variety of housing types within the development: single family detached, attached, and semi-detached as well as multi-family.
6. The project provides 310.5 acres of open space, exceeding the requirements for a project located in the Entranceway.
7. Project access is from Moccasin Wallow Road and Carter Road.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded via email on 06/02/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-13-41(P) - EaglePointe - 06-12-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Height Analysis and Renderings - PDR-13-41(P) - EaglePointe - 06-12-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Special Approval - PDR-13-41(P) - EaglePointe - 06-12-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval - PDR-13-41(P) - EaglePointe - 06-12-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: FDEP Site Rehabilitation Completion Order - PDR-13-41(P) - Eagle Pointe - 06-12-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Eagle Pointe - PDR-13-41(P).pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDR-13-41(P) - EaglePointe - 06-12-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Eagle Pointe - PDR-13-41(P) - 140612 PC.pdf