|Manatee County Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 7, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #9
PA-15-02/Ordinance 15-32 - Manasara Corp/Tennessee Street Property, LLC - Legislative - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-15-02, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Stephen Novacki with Picerne Development Corporation of Florida, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Large Scale Map Amendment from the existing future land use category of MU (Mixed Use) to RES-16 (Residential – 16 dwelling units per gross acre).
• The Plan Amendment site is approximately 25.6 acres of land located on the north side of University Parkway between Florida Street on the east and the S.C.L. railroad on the west, and south of Broadway Avenue.
• Soleil West, a single family detached subdivision, and Soleil Condominium, a single family attached project, are located to the north of the site. Various non-residential uses are located south of the site. To the east is vacant property with MU future land use category and LM zoning. To the west is the S.C.L. Railroad, a concrete batch plant, and SRQ Park of Commerce.
• The development trend along University Parkway is for a mixture of development types consisting of residential, commercial, and industrial.
• The area is served by utilities, county schools, roadway network, libraries, fire and public safety.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On December 10, 2015, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comment at the December 10, 2015 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on November 20, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please send the original signed letter to Bobbi Roy, Building and Development Services Department as package to Department of Economic Opportunity has to be sent prior to 10 days after hearing.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Oasis at University - PA-15-02 - 1-7-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report -Oasis at University PA-15-02 - 1-7-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Oasis at Unversity - PA-15-02 - Bradenton Herald - 1-7-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Backup Data and Analysis - Oasis Comprehensive Plan Amendment - PA-15-02.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Oasis at University - PA-15-02 - Ord. 15-32 - DTS20150243.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement with Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: Transmittal letter to state for signature by Chairman.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Oasis at University - PA-15-02 - Sarasota Herald Tribune display ad - 1-7-16 BC.pdf