|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers October 9, 2014 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #3
PDR-10-11(P)(R)-Canoe Creek Subdivision-DTS20140352-Quasi-Judicial-Lisa Barrett
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-10-11(P)(R); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.4, B.1, C.1 - C.7, D.1 - D.3, and E.1-E.5; GRANTING Special Approval for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for: 1) exceeding a gross density of one (1) dwelling unit per acre and a net density of 3 dwelling unit per acre in the UF-3 Future Land Use Category, 2) adjacent to a perennial stream; 3) partially in the Coastal High Hazard Area (CHHA), and 4) partially in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA); ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Section that were previously granted Specific Approval to Land Development Code Sections 604.10.3.5.1 (Roadway Buffer), 604.10.3.3.k (Buffer Setback), 604.10.3.6 (Greenbelt Buffer – Varying Width), 603.7.4.5 (Greenbelt Buffer – Landscaping adjacent to Ponds and Wetlands), 907.9.1.3 (Interneighborhood Ties), 907.9.4.1 (Cul de Sac longer than 800 feet), 604.10.4.3.2.b (1) (Trails in Buffers), 702.6.7 (Agricultural Setback), 702.6.10 (Wetland Buffer Setback) and 712.2.8 (second means of access), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Canoe Creek Subdivision is approximately 304.09 acres on the north and south sides of Golf Course Road around its intersection with Jim Davis Road at 14355 Golf Course Rd., Parrish. The site is zoned PDR/NCO (Planned Development Residential/North County Overlay).
• On May 5, 2011, the site was rezoned to PDR and a Preliminary Site Plan [PDR-10-11(Z)(P)] was approved for 896 lots for single-family detached residences.
• The request is to revise the ordinance to allow single-family semi-detached and single-family attached units in addition to the already approved single-family detached units.
• The request is associated with an LDA. The LDA will be brought before the Board at the same hearing. The applicant is requesting a longer CLOS (Certificate of Level of Service) based on transportation analysis of Canoe Creek as a Planned Unit Development, which requires a mix of different residential single-family products.
• No revisions are proposed to the Preliminary Site Plan. The revision to the ordinance is to allow for the variety in unit type, but still keeping the single-family product. No multi-family is proposed. All prior conditions, Specific Approvals, and Specific Approvals will be carried forward with the revised ordinance.
• Staff recommends approval of the request.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on September 16, 2014
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps FLU-Zoning-Aerial-PDR-10-11(P)(R)_CanoeCreek-10-09-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Canoe Creek Amended Zoning Ordinance Final.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis Canoe Creek - PDR-10-11(Z)(P)-10-09-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Canoe Creek Subdivision - PDR-10-11(P)(R) - Bradenton Herald- 10-9-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-10-11(P)(R) - Canoe Creek Subdivision - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 10-9-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Supplemental Information previously approved ordinance-PDR-10-11(Z)(P) for 10-9-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Supplemental Information previously approved Site Plan Canoe Creek-PDR-10-11(P)(R)-10-09-14 PC.pdf