|October 7, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #16
Amendment #1 to the FY 14/15 Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Grant Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / Ext. 3646
- Authorization for Chairman to execute Amendment #1 to the FY 14/15 Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Agreement CCE-14/15-MAN between Manatee County and West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc. (WCFAAA), increasing the agreement amount, revising the budget summary, adding some wording changes; and
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-15-009 amending the annual budget for Manatee County, Florida for fiscal year 2014/2015.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- Amendment #1 increases the funding amount by $146,233.00, replaces the budget summary to reflect the increase, and revises some contract language.
- The additional funds are the result of state legislative action and were allocated according to the approved funding formula.
- Amendment #1 will allow for existing clients to continue receiving services and will allow for the addition of approximately 65-80 new clients from the waiting list.
- The county has a 10% match to state funds for this program.
- Budget Resolution B-15-009 reflects the unanticipated increase in grant revenue which also includes an increase in matching funds and client co-pay revenues.
- County has served as Lead Agency for the Community Care for the Elderly grant program for the past thirty-five years.
- Grant funds are provided by the state through West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc., to provide case management and in-home services such as personal care, homemaker, and home delivered meals.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return three original agreements and a copy of the Budget Resolution to the Community Services Department. One original agreement will be returned to Board Records when executed by funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
989,880 State / 109,987 County Match / 22,000 Client Copay $1,121,867 Total / CCE 14/15 17390001020
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs