|October 6, 2016 - Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #9
Resolution 16-143 Extension to CLOS No. 08-110 for Parson Brown Oranges Inc./Heron Bay
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Susan Barfield, Senior Development Review Specialist
941-708-7450 extension 7218
To adopt Manatee County Resolution 16-143, extending the Certificate of Level of Service (CLOS) for 08-110 for Parson Brown Oranges, Inc./Heron Bay.
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Applicant is requesting an extension to CLOS #08-110 for two years, which will give a new expiration date of 8/13/2018.
• Section 360.7 of the Manatee County Land Development Code allows the Board of County Commissioners to extend a CLOS up to two years, when the CLOS was originally issued for three years.
• The project is located on the east side of US 41, approximately one-half mile south of Moccasin Wallow Road at 9100 & 9302 US 41 North, Palmetto.
• A preliminary site plan was approved by the Board of County Commissioners on 12/4/2008 for 196 single family attached lots. A final site plan and final plat must still be approved.
• The CLOS was originally issued on 12/15/2008 for 3 years. The CLOS has been extended several times as follows:
Two years with County Resolution 09-089 until 12/15/2013
Two years with House Bill 503 until 12/15/2015
Florida Statutes 252.363 (Tropical Storm Erika) for 60 days and 6 months until 8/13/2016
• It has been determined that the applicant has made timely application per LDC Section 360.7. The extension request was received on 5/18/2016 for an 8/13/2016 expiration.
• Capacity has been reserved for solid waste, traffic circulation, transit, parks, and drainage. Potable water, sanitary sewer and school facilities will be reviewed and approved with the Final Site Plan.
• The project has required improvements that have not yet been constructed:
Signalize US 41 and I-275 Southbound ramps when warranted.
Signalize Moccasin Wallow Road and Ellenton Gillette Road when warranted.
At US 41 and the project drive, construct a southbound left turn lane with a total turn lane length of 510 feet.
At US 41 and the project drive, construct a northbound right turn lane with a total turn lane length of 460 feet.
• Two required improvements have been completed by others:
Signalize US 41 and Moccasin Wallow Road.
Signalize US 41 and I-275 Northbound ramps.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward an executed copy of the Resolution to Susan Barfield, Public Works Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Resolution Heron Bay.pdf
Attachment: CLOS Heron Bay.pdf