|October 25, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #37
Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) Operations Funding Agreement between Manatee County and Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Vishal S. Kakkad, PE, PTOE, Traffic Design Division Manager, Ext. 7812.
Sage Kamiya, PE, PTOE, Deputy Director - Traffic Management, Ext. 7425.
Adoption of Resolution R-16-161 authorizing the Chairperson to execute an Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation for the Operation Funding of the Regional Traffic Management Center.
Florida Statutes Section 339.12
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) proposes to enter into an agreement with Manatee County to provide partial funding for the operation of the Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC).
- The FDOT has allocated $429,000, for each fiscal year from 2016-2017 through and including 2020-2021, in its Five Year Work Program under FM # 437106-1-88-01. FDOT staff has stated that their intent is to continue this annual reimbursement in the future years of their Work Program.
- The FDOT will reimburse the County annually for operating the RTMC and the County agrees to provide the agreed upon performance measures to the FDOT. The reimbursement for the current Fiscal Year (2016-2017) will be $286,000 on a prorated basis. For remaining Fiscal Years, the reimbursement will be $429,000.
- As part of this agreement and with the additional funding, the County will monitor and implement signal timing changes, if necessary, and in response to a traffic incident or an unplanned event, along the selected corridors within Sarasota and Manatee County. These corridors are identified within the RTMC’s Operations Manual and approved by the Intelligent Transportation System Management Team (ITSMT).
- To accomplish this, additional staff will be required. In anticipation of this agreement, Public Works Department had presented, and the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) adopted, four (4) new positions under the County's Fiscal Year 2016-2017 budget. Staff will continue to propose the continuation of these positions within the future budgets.
- No financial impact to the County is anticipated with these newly funded positions as the cost related to these positions will be covered by the reimbursement from the FDOT.
- Public Works Department and County Attorney's Office staff have negotiated the terms and conditions of this Agreement with the FDOT staff. Public Works Department staff recommends the adoption of Resolution R-16-161 and thereby execution of the RTMC Operations Funding Agreement with the FDOT.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return three (3) original copies of the signed Resolution and Agreement to Vishal Kakkad, Public Works Department, Ext. 7812, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Annual reimbursement of $286,000 (Fiscal Year 2016-2017) and $429,000 (Fiscal Years 2017-2018 through and including 2020-2021) from FDOT to Manatee County 101-0020708 - Traffic Management Center
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
FDOT will reimburse Manatee County on an annual basis.
Attachment: 437106-1 RTMC Operations Funding Agreement-Final 20161011.pdf
Attachment: Response Memo to CAO Matter No. 2016-0599 dtd 10-13-16.pdf
Attachment: Resolution R-16-161.pdf