|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers October 13, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #6
LDCT-16-05/Ordinance 16-24 - Land Development Code Text Amendment / Countywide Amendments - Legislative - Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and in accordance with Section 341 of the Land Development Code, I move to recommend adoption of Ordinance 16-24, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code, subject to Ordinance 16-23 becoming effective, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The County hired Littlejohn Consultants to review our existing regulations and make recommended changes to the regulations that would improve opportunities for infill, redevelopment and development within the urban area, along the Urban Corridors.
• In conjunction with the Urban Corridors project, Littlejohn did an assessment of the Comprehensive Plan and the Land Development Code. In addition to the proposed amendments to the LDC directly related to the Urban Corridors, Littlejohn and county staff identified other amendments that apply countywide.
• These amendments include adding some sections that were taken out of the Comprehensive Plan (applicable Countywide) with Ordinance 16-23, approved in September 2016, reconciling definitions with the Plan, and some clean up items left over from the previous LDC reorganization.
• Again, to keep the amendments manageable, the amendments are being taken as separate applications. The amendments discussed within this staff report deal with amendments to the Land Development Code that are applicable Countywide. Changes related to the Urban Corridors project are being processed separately.
• Staff recommends approval of the amendments.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter #2016-0345 on April 12 and September 16, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - LDC Countywide1.pdf
Attachment: Ord 16-24 LDC Text Amendment V5 09-26-16.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch1_GenProv_v3.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE Text_Ch2_Definitions_v4.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE Text_Ch3_RevAuthProcedures_v8.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch4_Zoning_v6.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch5_AccesSpecUses_v4.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch6_Signs_v2_noUC.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch7_EnvCultResProt_v2_noUC.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch9_DesGuide_v5.pdf
Attachment: LDC ORD COUNTYWIDE TEXT_Ch10_TransMgt_v7.pdf
Attachment: Shared Parking Memo_v1.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf