|October 10, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #19
Florida Sports Foundation Grant Agreements
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, Executive Director, CVB
Contact: Monica Luff, Sr. Admin. Spec., CVB
Authorization for the Convention and Visitors Bureau Director to execute Grant Agreements with Florida Sports Foundation AND adoption of Budget Amendment Resolution B-18-008.
- The Florida Sports Foundation has awarded the Bradenton Area Sports Commission (a division of the Bradenton Area CVB) with $67,500 in grants for the following:
- $5,000 for Eddie Herr Junior Tennis Challenge to be held November 21 - December 4, 2017, at IMG Academy. This event will generate approximately 4,000 room nights and approximately $2 million in economic impact.
- $25,000 for US Soccer Development Academy Boys Winter Showcase & Nike Friendlies to be held November 30 - December 4, 2017, at Premier Sports Campus. This event will generate approximately 3,000 room nights and approximately $1.8 million in economic impact.
- $20,000 for US Soccer Development Academy Girls Winter Showcase & Nike Friendlies to be held December 6 - 10, 2017, at Premier Sports Campus. This event will generate approximately 3,000 room nights and approximately $1.5 million in economic impact.
- $17,500 for USL Super Y (Soccer) Championship to be held December 5 - 10, 2017, at IMG Academy. This event will generate approximately 5,000 room nights and approximately $3 million in economic impact.
- The grant monies will assist with facility expenses.
- The Florida Sports Foundation assists Florida Sports Commissioners with grant monies to secure events that would otherwise be held in other states.
- Budget Amendment Resolution B-18-008 also includes the previously approved $6,000 grant for the USA Ultimate (Frisbee) Club Championship, which the Board of County Commissioners approved on September 26, 2017. This Budget Amendment appropriates the total amount of $73,500 in Florida Sports Foundation Grant Fund revenues into the Tourist Development Tax Fund for the above-mentioned sporting events.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send original, signed agreements to Monica Luff, CVB. Ms. Luff to send to FSF to get their signature; then Ms. Luff will e-mail fully signed agreements to Board Records.
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff (CVB), Eva Galler (CVB), and Candice Cruz (OFM): firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
1030000000366017 Contribution Culture & Recreation (Revenues); 1030002204 CVB - Sports Marketing (Expenditure)
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
$73,500 Grants Received - non-recurring
Attachment: FSF Grant Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: FSF 2017 Eddie Herr Grant.pdf
Attachment: FSF 2017 US Soccer Boys Grant.pdf
Attachment: FSF 2017 US Soccer Girls Grant.pdf
Attachment: FSF 2017 US Super Y Grant.pdf