|November 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #39
Execution of Contract for Sale from Gary M. Knuckles and Dorothy S. Knuckles for the property located at 6301 44th Avenue East, Bradenton, Florida 34203 PID#1494212531
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisitions Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Chris Munyon, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6285
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase with Gary M. Knuckles and Dorothy S. Knuckles for the purpose of the 44th Avenue East Road Improvement Project from 45th Street East to 44th Avenue Plaza East.
Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes. Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 5.1 addresses the safety and efficiency of forecasted vehicular demands.
- The 44th Avenue East Road Improvement Project from 45th Street East to 44th Avenue Plaza East was approved in FY 2014 (Project Number 6086960).
- Parcel 137 is improved with a single family dwelling located at 6301 44th Avenue East.
- This homestead parcel serves as the primary residence.
- Independence Acquisition and Appraisal, LLC, was assigned to handle and negotiate with the owner's attorney to reach an agreement for the land.
- On March 15, 2017, Appraiser Nick Chop, MAI, Compass Real Estate, determined the value of the area for acquisition at $189,850.00 consisting of Land Value and Improvements at $49,300.00, Damages, Incurable at $109,550, and Cost to Cure, Net, or Minor at $31,000.00.
- Gary M. Knuckles and Dorothy S. Knuckles, the owners, retained attorney, Gregory S. Rix and Ryan C. Reese of Moore Bowman & Rix, P.A.
- A settlement was reached in the amount of $332,000.00 for land/improvements, damages, and cost to cure and includes legal and expert costs. Manatee County, as the condemning authority, is required to pay a landowner's attorney fees and reasonable and expert costs in eminent domain proceedings.
- This is a partial acquisition of the parcel consisting of 20,004 square feet.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Chris Munyon at firstname.lastname@example.org, Johnnie Yetter at email@example.com, and Eric Shroyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $332,000.00 to 399-6086960, 44th Avenue East - 45th Street East to 44th Avenue Plaza East
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase Parcel 137 Knuckles.pdf
Attachment: Cost Avoidance Analysis Parcel 137.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf