|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers November 3, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #7
LDCT-16-06/Ordinance 16-31 - Land Development Code Text Amendment - Legislative - Rossina Leider, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, and comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the requirements for text amendments in Section 341.2 of the Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Ordinance 16-31, amending the Manatee County Land Development, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• On June 9, 2015 the Board of County Commission approved Ordinance 15-17, providing for an Amended and Restated Land Development Code (LDC) to reorganize and provide clarification to the language and regulations in the LDC.
• On December 2, 2015 the Board of County Commissioners approved Ordinance 15-29, providing for an amendment to the recently Amended and Restated LDC (Ordinance 15-29) to correct errors, and included information that were missed or omitted.
• The proposed amendments were not contemplated as part of the above referenced amendments of the LDC. Staff recommends the following revisions to the LDC to provide for internal consistency:
- Revisions to Table 4-7 of the Land Development Code, Schedule of Uses for PD Districts, to allow Outdoor Storage (Principal Use), and Recreational Vehicle Parks and Subdivisions as “Permitted Uses” in the PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) Zoning District. All requirements and criteria found in the “single use” Planned Districts (LDC Sections 402.7 thru 402.21), and Standards for Specific Uses (LDC Section 531) shall be applicable.
- Revision of Table 3-4 of the Land Development Code, Special Approval as Required by the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, to delete language under item letter “K” related to the requirement of rezone all new recreational vehicle parks to CRV (Commercial Recreational Vehicle) (renamed RVP – Recreational Vehicle Park on Ordinance 15-17). The language that is proposed to be deleted (“Must rezone to CRV”) contradicts the intent of the LDC Section 402.9 which allows the location of new recreational vehicle in the PDRV (Planned Development Recreational Vehicle) zoning district.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On September 8, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• On October 6, 2016 the Board of County Commissioners heard this item. No action was necessary at that public hearing.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2016-0591 on July 22, August 2 and 22, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Ordinance 16-31 - LDC Amendment.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit A Table 4.7 PDMU.pdf
Attachment: Table 3-4 Special Approval.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf