|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - November 13, 2014|
Agenda Item #4
PDC-14-12(P)-DTS20140118-R and M Partnership/Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage-Quasi-Judicial-Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-45-01 ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-14-12(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.2 and B.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a non-residential project in the RES-16 Future Land Use Category exceeding 30,000 square feet of gross building area; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 603.11.4.3 (PDC – Yards and Setbacks), 704.47.2 (Mini-warehouses – Setbacks), 704.47.6 (Mini-warehouses – Landscaping), and 714.8.7 (Tree Replacement Size) as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
1. Mr. Jerry Zoller, AIA, of Zoller Autrey Architects, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan consisting of two phases. Phase 1 is the conversion of an existing 32,198 square foot vacant grocery store and parking lot to a climate controlled self-storage and adding 21,223 square feet of exterior drive-up storage units. Phase 2 is adding 3,820 square feet of exterior drive-up storage units. The project total is 57,241 square feet of mini-storage. The existing 26,272 square feet of shopping center uses will remain. The total square feet of the renovated shopping center is 83,531 square feet.
2. Phase 2 will not be constructed unless the existing cross access easement with the property to the north is terminated/vacated.
3. The project is located at 6015 26th Street West and is in the RES-16 (Residential – 16 dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category. RES-16 allows consideration of mini-warehouse / storage at a maximum floor area ratio (FAR) of 0.35 and neighborhood retail uses at a maximum FAR of 0.25. The combined FAR is 0.25.
4. Special Approvals: Non-residential project in RES-16 exceeding 30,000 square feet of gross building area. Staff supports this Special Approval request.
5. Specific Approvals:
6. The project provides approximately 23% open space. No additional impervious surface is proposed as part of this project. Any new building construction will be within the existing parking lot.
7. Project access is from 26th Street West. 60th Avenue West access will be restricted to storage facility patrons only.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on 10-10-14
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps-Future Land Use-Zoning-Aerial-PDC-14-12(P)-Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage-11-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: StaffReport-PDC-14-12(P)– Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage-11-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Letter-PDC-14-12(P)–R and M General Partnership Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage-11-13-14PC .pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis--PDC-14-12(P)– Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage-11-13-14PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage - PDC-14-12(P) - Bradenton Herald - 11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage - PDC-14-12(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan--PDC-14-12(P)– Bayshore Crossings Mini-Storage-11-13-14PC.pdf