|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - November 13, 2014|
Agenda Item #8
PDMU-06-30(G)(R3)-DTS20140229-Lakewood Centre GDP-Quasi-Judicial-Shelley Hamilton
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-06-30(G)(R3); recommend APPROVAL of the amended General Development Plan with Stipulations; making a finding that the criteria in LDC Section 603.7.4.9. are satisfied; for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for: 1) a mixed use project in the R/O/R Future Land Use Category; 2) exceeding a non-residential FAR of 0.25; and 3) in the Evers Reservoir Watershed; and GRANTING Special Approval for a project in MU-C Future Land Use Category; as recommended by the staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is to:
– Change the zoning of 796.22 + acres located south of S.R/ 64,, east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, north of 44th Avenue East and both east and west of future White Eagle Boulevard, from A (General Agriculture) to PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use);
– Amend the Zoning Ordinance and General Development Plan for the Lakewood Centre Development of Regional Impact to:
• Provide Specific Approval of Phases 2 and 3 of the development;
• Reflect the satisfaction of transportation mitigation of impacts of the project through build-out;
• Add the 796.22 + acres to the boundaries of the project; and
• Other amendments for internal consistency.
• The existing Lakewood Centre DRI contains 697.4± acres and is generally located north of .S.R 70 between Lakewood Ranch Boulevard (to the west) and White Eagle Boulevard (fka Pope Road (to the east) and south of Malachite Drive, approximately two miles south of S.R. 64.
• This DRI was approved in three phases in August, 2008 to allow the following uses:
? 3,675 residential units
? 1,774,000 sq. ft. of commercial
? 1,563,000 sq. ft. of office, and
? 300 hotel rooms
• The entitlements for the DRI are not changing.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on 10-10-14
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps-Future Land Use-Zoning-Aerial-PDMU0630_LakewoodCentreGDP-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report-PDMU-06-30(G)(R3)-Lakewood Centre.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis-Ordinance PDMU-06-30(G)(R3)-Lakewood Centre-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Lakewood Centre GDP - PDMU-06-30(G)(R3) - Bradenton Herald - 11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Lakewood Centre GDP - PDMU-06-30(G)(R3) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: GDP-PDMU0630_LakewoodCentre-11-13-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance PDMU-06-30(G)(R3)-Lakewood Centre.pdf